RZ67 pro not working (Updated)

No it's not working and it would cost £160 just to look at it! I have purchased another second hand one that works! So I'm out of pocket!

I would kick up a fuss if you are 100% sure the body is not functional. If it doesn't match the description, you are well within your rights to lodge a case.

If I'm looking at the right completed listing on ebay it says it's in Everything is all in perfect working order, camera may need a new battery but that will not cost very much at all. so the item is not as described so you're entitled to a refund or the seller could offer to cover the cost of repair.

^^^^^^^^

What he said.

H'mm £160 to look at it...would suggest they wanted to scare you off as they didn't want the job.

I imagine the cost of getting the heavy lump of camera there and back probably added significant postage costs to that figure as well!

Even allowing £10 each way for posting £160! That seems very pricey just to look.

Contact seller.

Explain issue and see what suggestions he/she comes up with.

If un satisfactory, request either a full refund or if the lens/film back are of use to you, then a partial refund.

If all goes pear shaped, open a case with Ebay/Paypal.

The seller has sold you a faulty item John and has an obligation to come to some agreement with you of how to rectify the issue.

As for actual repair...Search around as £160 to look it over is taking the hiss imo

Even allowing £10 each way for posting £160! That seems very pricey just to look.

Oh, I don't disagree - reminds me of the outrageous costs of a camera repair place beginning with "S" and ending with "endean cameras" in London :D

Oh, I don't disagree - reminds me of the outrageous costs of a camera repair place beginning with "S" and ending with "endean cameras" in London :D

I once went in there to ask about a repair, I think I'm still a little stunned :eek:

Also their prices for 2ndhand gear is pretty outrageous, even for a retailer.

Although, in their defence they do offer 'free' estimates (y)

I once went in there to ask about a repair, I think I'm still a little stunned :eek:

Also their prices for 2ndhand gear is pretty outrageous, even for a retailer.

Although, in their defence they do offer 'free' estimates (y)

I just went on their website and indeed, they do offer free estimates. Just a shame that whilst the estimate is free, the actual number is a bit more expensive :thinking:

I could pay a taxi to drive me to Miles Whitehead's house, for him to do the repair and it would still work out cheaper.

I just went on their website and indeed, they do offer free estimates. Just a shame that whilst the estimate is free, the actual number is a bit more expensive :thinking:

I could pay a taxi to drive me to Miles Whitehead's house, for him to do the repair and it would still work out cheaper.

TBH, I'd rather use Miles too, he does a great job, is good value and is a proper gent.

Another vote here for Miles too.....Following recommendations posted on TP, I recently sent a couple of SLRs to him for a CLA and minor repairs.

I'm very pleased with his services and would not hesitate in having other work done by him.

At least his prices are "fair"!

Who told you £160 just to look? It seems well over the top.

I'd give Miles Whitehead a call, http://www.mwcamerarepairs.co.uk many of us on here have used him and been very happy with the service he provides and there are other recommendations I'm sure people can make if you ask for them.

But if it was it sold as working, can you not just send it back?

Sorry the 160 was is because he said they would have to service but anything else would be added to that! so would only look at it with a service!

My emails are being ignored and it has gone to the report stage so ill wait and see.

Tha's not good news John.....an ebay gamble I guess but like Nick says, can you not sort something with the seller??

trying to.

I would kick up a fuss if you are 100% sure the body is not functional. If it doesn't match the description, you are well within your rights to lodge a case.

being done.

If I'm looking at the right completed listing on ebay it says it's in Everything is all in perfect working order, camera may need a new battery but that will not cost very much at all. so the item is not as described so you're entitled to a refund or the seller could offer to cover the cost of repair.

did ask for that.

Contact seller.

Explain issue and see what suggestions he/she comes up with.

If un satisfactory, request either a full refund or if the lens/film back are of use to you, then a partial refund.

If all goes pear shaped, open a case with Ebay/Paypal.

The seller has sold you a faulty item John and has an obligation to come to some agreement with you of how to rectify the issue.

Case open.

As for actual repair...Search around as £160 to look it over is taking the hiss imo

that's what I thought.

TBH, I'd rather use Miles too, he does a great job, is good value and is a proper gent.

I'll keep him in mind for future reference thanks.

Hope you get it sorted, they are cracking cameras. I took mine on an F&C meet in London a while back, the perfect street photography camera :D

Update:

I brought another one on ebay for £120 + I paid an extra 5 pounds to have it delivered next day.

I informed the seller of the original faulty one and eventually she said she would pay me the £120.00 plus the 5 pounds and whatever it cost me to return it to me which was £11 RMSD. The reason being I think was because her account had been frozen while the resolution centre looked into it. Well as she had agreed I sent the faulty one back. I then got an email from ebay they had decided in my favour and I needed to return the whole kit for a refund of the £560.00 I had paid. Well as I had already returned the faulty body I contacted ebay. They said if I wanted only partial refund they could only offer me £100.00 and to ask the seller to pay the other 36 pounds outstanding. I emailed the seller of the faulty body explain this and asked her to repay the remaining amount but she has ignored all emails since having her body returned. So if any of you end up in the same situation make sure you do not do as I did and return for partial refund. I thought I was doing the right thing as I was happy with the rest of the kit as the seller of the faulty body was also happy with this option. Shame she never honoured her side of the agreement.

Last edited:
It is a shame when some people won't honour their word.
Fortuanatley there are still many of us around who do , not that that helps you John.

If I understand correctly, ebay will refund you the £100 so you end up out of pocket by £36.....??
Not nice but it could very easily been a lot more money.

As it is, I hope now you can settle into learning your new toy, enjoy it and post some results on here for us to see.

Back