Sad end for rare visitor!

Name
'Gramps'
Edit My Images
No
Horrified birdwatchers see rare white-throated needletail fly into wind turbine.

About 200 wildlife lovers gathered on Wednesday to see the needletail having heard about it through a website

Link

I hope that the 200 or so "wildlife lovers" did not contribute to the bird flying into the turbine.

Yeh I did hear about that on the radio this morning Gramps.

It is pretty sad as well, however I must say I don't think the wind turbine is the real issue is it. I feel sad that birds are getting such a bad deal in the environment lately, everythings declining, very sad all round.

As we say in birding circles "GRIP" , that bird will most likely be a blocker for years and years. Having dipped the one at Fairburn Ings in the 1980's, I had contemplated going for this one,but there you go,thats birding. For the life of me I cannot see how or why any birder could have/would have contributed to its end :shrug:.

I hope not but you do hear of twitchers doing stupid things. Was a lovely looking bird however.

Like chartering a bloody plane to Stornaway to see an off-course "species of least concern"?

Incredible disregard for the environment for an entirely selfish reason.

Back