Safari: Big Cats

Name
Doug
Edit My Images
Yes
We've recently got back from safari in Tanzania and I wanted to share some of my better shots. One thing that amazed me, was how close they come to you! All shots with a Nikon Z6 and 70-200.

1:
DSC_6475-XL.jpg

2:
DSC_6542-XL.jpg

3:
DSC_7325-XL.jpg

4:
DSC_7345-XL.jpg

5:
DSC_7478-XL.jpg

6:
DSC_7139-XL.jpg

7:
DSC_5885-XL.jpg

The leopard with the flies - amazing.

Wow what an experience that must of been. Well done and thanks for sharing.
Thank you! It was incredible, once in a life time sort of trip. Luckily we worked out how to make it somewhat reasonably priced!

The leopard with the flies - amazing.
Thank you! If you're referring to image 5 that's a cheetah. I guess having no facilities to brush your teeth or wash your face after eating animals and sitting in 35 degrees might attract the flies to you!

Wonderful set of images and a safari in Tanzania or Botswana is on my Travel list ! !
I can only encourage you to do it! We were lucky to see a wildebeest heard tackle a river crossing as part of their migration. These images are just snapshots of moments from game drives. I've got a lot more in Lightroom. You won't regret a trip out there.

Great set! 2,3 & 5 are lovely.
The look on his face in 4 is great.

Thank you for sharing (y)
Thank you, Gav. Image 4 highlights why the guide would never let me out of the truck to pee when we were near long grass. The buggers are well hidden! :LOL:

I always get my cheetah and leopard confused!

All... Great pictures Doug and thanks for posting them :D

I always get my cheetah and leopard confused!

my rule of thumb is, cheetah slim and skinny, with 2 long black streaks down its face making look like it has been crying ! ! !

My confusing is Leopards and Jaguars and I though Leopards were the only big cats to have blue eyes ! !

Cracking set!
#3 Lioness in the grass is the winner all day long.

Excellent set, love the cub and the lion in the grass.

Back