s'albufera

Name
Steve
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi All,

off to Majorca next week and was considering a trip to s'albufera for some bird photography, has anyone visited before or can offer advice on what to expect.

thanks

Can't help, I'm afraid but having just googled it, I now realise that I've driven through it probably some 40+ times - and never knew it was there :thinking:

It's a great place for birding and there are several hides, plus a tower platform that gives you an overall view of the area, and a visitor centre. I haven't been for about ten years though so it may have changed(hopefully not for the worse). It's accessible by bus, there's a stop near the entrance.

It is worth staying till dusk if you can to see all the herons and other lurkers coming out of the vegetation to feed. In the spring anyway there's a roost of night herons in pine trees near the entrance and they all pile out as it gets dark.

Enjoy it! I'm :p with envy!

Hi Jerry,

Thanks for the information, If i get any decent shots i will post them.

Regards

Steve

I went to s'albufera for the first time a couple of months ago - stayed fairly near and went every day for a week with my Camera gear (caught the bus). Different times of the year throws up different birds but there is sure to be something of interest. Black-winged Stilts are a certainty and easy to snap. some other birds I managed to photograph were Purple Heron, Night Heron, Cattle Egret, Shrike, Elenora's Falcon, Hoopoe, Purple Gallinule and Ringed plover. Its a great place although Insect repellent is strongly advised.

Back