Sally-B B-17 at Eastbourne Airshow (Saturday)

I really like the angle on the second shot. The first one doesn't sit right for me with the plane below the land mass in the shot. The first or second one with the background from the last would have been spectacular.

Yeah, it's tough to frame the first one. On the one hand, it's nice to have something more than just sky in the background of planes so water is nice and landmarks are nice sometimes but I couldn't see a much better way to set that one up hehe

I found someone did a 360 panorama shot of pretty much where I was shooting from which is right by an RAF Bomber Command memorial which is oddly fitting :)

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@50.7...no-pi-0-ya126.07063-ro-0-fo100!7i10406!8i5184

Would the first benefit from conversion to B&W, to give it a period feel? Have to agree with Orange Croc on the second shot it's my favourite as well

Interesting fact - she's Memphis Belle on one side only, forget what's on the other side but it's not MB - doh! Sally B of course.
Nice shots, all of them are fine by me.
Matt

Last edited:
Strangely enough I like the first one. Hugging the water on a secret under the radar mission! I think my schoolboy imagination got the better of me. :beer:

Strangely enough I like the first one. Hugging the water on a secret under the radar mission! I think my schoolboy imagination got the better of me. :beer:

Yeah, kinda what I was going for but I have to admit, I'm tempted to re-frame it a little but I'd need to jiggle stuff in photoshop and I haven't even finished processing the rest of my shots lol

Blimey all mine up there from the Saturday were a mess because of the bloody wind!

Blimey all mine up there from the Saturday were a mess because of the bloody wind!

Yeah I won't lie, I had pics I ditched because they were blurry due to wind. I think I looked back through pics between displays and saw they didn't look sharp so I ended up shooting most stuff whilst in a sat down position so I could rest my elbows on my legs etc.

It's not really comfortable for lengths of time but it definitely helped :)

Back