Daily ~Sam~'s 365 - one day at a time

So was it the teddy bear that gave you the black eye? Were you being bad to them?

awww bless 'em..... they'll probably head home on their own if it is that cold outside :) Great shot Sam :D

Just playing catch up - I love the teddies!! Great idea and execution!

Lovely pic of the little bears in the snow (y). Just don't take them into the woods, you know what they say about bears and woods ;);)

They won't be getting out again, Simon, so no worries about the woods! :D

awww bless 'em..... they'll probably head home on their own if it is that cold outside :) Great shot Sam :D

Thanks, Carol! :)

Awww chilly teddies. Loving thier jumpers ...like the idea :)

Thanks, Tezz! :)

Just playing catch up - I love the teddies!! Great idea and execution!

and thank you as well, Steph! :)

I had an impromptu day off today due and went for a walk to clear the cob-webs - decided to go round the Jubilee Campus of the University of Nottingham. This is the Sir Harry & Lady Djanogly Learning Resource Centre....for anyone who went to uni more than 15 years ago, this is what we used to call a library! :D

365/21 - The Sir Harry & Lady Djanogly Learning Resource Centre by ~sammi~, on Flickr

And I don't know why, but I like this one of (drum roll....)....a window! :LOL: I have no idea why I like it either!

Icicles on Window by ~sammi~, on Flickr

what a great building and surrounded by water as well :) Looks like one of those fruit baskets :)

Very unusual building Sam, pity about the grey sky but not much you could do about that.
Nice having a day off on a Monday too.

Nice work Sam , great shaped building and very photogenic!

Thanks, Vince!

Very nice, stunning bit of architecture

Thank you, Sarah (though I can't accept compliments on the architecture! :D)

what a great building and surrounded by water as well :) Looks like one of those fruit baskets :)

It does have that sort of rustic basket look to it, Carol! :)

Very unusual building Sam, pity about the grey sky but not much you could do about that.
Nice having a day off on a Monday too.

Don't ever dare to mention sky to me again - I tell ya, white/grey skies are the bane of my life! I hate them so much I was in two minds as to whether to just come home and try to take something inside instead! :bang:

Don't ever dare to mention sky to me again - I tell ya, white/grey skies are the bane of my life! I hate them so much I was in two minds as to whether to just come home and try to take something inside instead! :bang:

Sorry! ;)

The teddies may have only been a quickie but they sure do work (y) now that building is amazing I love it (y)

Aw, thank you, Matthew! :)

You'v captured that really well :)

Thanks, Jake! :)

That is a great building, nice to see some different architecture like this.

Thanks, Sarah - it really is quite unusual, isn't it! :)

There is a building with a similar wood grid look in Cardiff. Love this picture, just inspired me to get out and give this one a try!

Thanks, esquisite - I look forward to seeing your photo! (y)

Ohh that's quite a nice shot. What an interesting building. :)

Cheers, Conor! There are some other interesting buildings at that campus so may add some more at some point :)

No real choices to sort through for today's photo - literally less than 5 minutes out of work to grab something, anything, whatever I could find! :D It's OK, I think, but not what I had in mind. Work is a nightmare!

Seen this a few times and normally shy away as there are some crappy buildings etc in the background (which is partly why it wasn't shot from the front....the other reason is that that's kind of boring!).

Thing I like most about this? no grey sky, eh, Phil! :razz::D

365/22 by ~sammi~, on Flickr

No real choices to sort through for today's photo - literally less than 5 minutes out of work to grab something, anything, whatever I could find! :D It's OK, I think, but not what I had in mind. Work is a nightmare!

Seen this a few times and normally shy away as there are some crappy buildings etc in the background (which is partly why it wasn't shot from the front....the other reason is that that's kind of boring!).

Thing I like most about this? no grey sky, eh, Phil! :razz::D

365/22 by ~sammi~, on Flickr

Lol. Im only after cropping the grey sky out of mine too;)

Grey skies have been haunting me for the last few day's the one time I've seen something other than grey and I was stuck in the house waiting for a delivery :bang: I think that you've done well here though I'd have liked to have seen a little separation from the background maybe a nice wide aperture :thinking: if that was an option (y)

love your image of the Learning Resource Centre, the textures really leap out at you ..

Nicely exposed

Thank you :D

Now they ARE colourful wellies - nice composition too :)

Thanks, Jeff :)

Grey skies have been haunting me for the last few day's the one time I've seen something other than grey and I was stuck in the house waiting for a delivery :bang: I think that you've done well here though I'd have liked to have seen a little separation from the background maybe a nice wide aperture :thinking: if that was an option (y)

Thanks, Matt - I will definitely go back to that statue at some point (there isn't a lot very close to where I work) so will make a note to try that and see if it improves it any (y)

That Architecture is stunning!... great one Sam!(y)

Thanks, T :)

love your image of the Learning Resource Centre, the textures really leap out at you ..

I was looking at your comment and thinking, 'what frigging resource centre? She's posted in the wrong thread' until I worked it out! :bonk::LOL: Thanks, Tezz :)

I like all your images from the past few days, but I love that research centre. What a brilliant piece of architecture and you've captured it nicely (I too like the window)

Back