Same station different train.....

Lovely ST :D

I think I might think about cropping just a bit of the foreground out, just above that... whatever it is... at the bottom left hand side of the shot.

Yes, just above the manhole cover? Not sure what that is?

It's a diesel this time!

The restored HST Midland Pullman set took a Christmas shoppers excursion from Peterborough to Edinburgh and back.

It's seen here framed by the Grade II listed footbridge at Garforth station near Leeds.

"The Edinburgh Xmas Pullman", 03/12/22.
I really like that photo, the different contrasting colours with the architecture and the train work really well for me, and the setting as a whole is really nice.

I really like that photo, the different contrasting colours with the architecture and the train work really well for me, and the setting as a whole is really nice.

:agree:

Many thanks for all your comments, much appreciated.

The LED station lighting and the bright colours of the train really helped with the shot.

That's a cracking shot. It's on my 'to see' list having missed it last year when it was en-route from South Wales (Cardiff,I think) and diverted away from Gloucester due to some incident ,which I can't recall, only to come through two hours later :rolleyes:

My shot would have been across a field but this one is a far better location and, as you've mentioned in the post above, night-time has enhanced it greatly. Can't find an emoji to represent 'envy'....:D

Hello everyone, thanks for pposting your photos - they give me inspiration which I really need just now. I am 70 and I have been interested in photography ans developing my own films and prints since I was 8 years old. I'm a bit flummoxed as to where to start as this is my first ever forum that I've joined in my life and I would appreciate any help I can get as I go along.
Once I get the hang of things I'd like to start posting some of my own images. What's the best way to go from here please, guys and gals? :confused:

Hello everyone, thanks for pposting your photos - they give me inspiration which I really need just now. I am 70 and I have been interested in photography ans developing my own films and prints since I was 8 years old. I'm a bit flummoxed as to where to start as this is my first ever forum that I've joined in my life and I would appreciate any help I can get as I go along.
Once I get the hang of things I'd like to start posting some of my own images. What's the best way to go from here please, guys and gals? :confused:
Probably best to ask in the beginner forums rather than on someone's thread, but here are a couple of helpful threads:
Upload from Flickr
Using the TP Gallery

Back