Sams Photo Labs - fantastic quality at a very low price!

Name
John Stewart
Edit My Images
Yes
I ordered a set of 8 12"x18" prints from www.samsphotolab.com yesterday morning after downloading their ROES interface primarily to test the calibration of my monitor.

I went for the budget service, which meant I had to resize my prints to 300dpi (3600 pixels along the shortest side from Lightroom) and there is no colour correction applied.

Prints arrived in the post this morning, less than 24 hours after uploading. Prints arrived very well packaged, sealed in polythene and inside a cardboard box so the prints are flat, instead of rolled in tubes which makes it much easier for mounting into frames.

I am very impressed with the quality of the prints. The colour reproduction and detail in the prints are amongst the best I've seen. At only £1.49 for a 12"x18" print, the prices are about the lowest I've seen anywhere for this sort of quality.

Overall, highly recommended and they'll definitely be getting more orders from me in the future.

John

Been looking for a good print shop -will have to give them a go. Thanks

I use sams for all my course & unit photographs, gleaming service

I've used DSCL and their prints are only £1.10 each - and they really are excellent :)

I've used DSCL as well and I'm happy with what they do but I will be giving Sams a go next time for a comparison.

Andy

I use Sam's exclusively at the moment for my prints, DC posts on here occasionally. Although there is the odd QC issue, I haven't found anything better yet in terms of print quality.

I've now used both services and have to say there is little to choose between them. Sam's paper is better quality, but the swinger in his favour is you can have your own company name printed on the back as copyright.

Thanks for the kind comments...

There are no differences in the price of prints between the Budget (where you have to resize your files exactly) and the Super (where you give us any size of file) for sizes bigger than 12"x8".... The Super you can also add borders, change the colour of the border, add a keyline, and change the image to B&W (3 tones) or Sepia (2 tones).....

If you are a member of the MPA/BIPP/SWPP you get a discount ! (and camera club member do too - just remember to tell us!)

I have been waiting for more than 2 weeks for an order 12a1402e97f_2, cant get any reply to email, no one answering phone and unable to send PM did not want to complain on the forum but having tried all other methods I am at a loss as to what to do

I use DSCL for most of my prints at the moment and even though they are cheaper than Sams it's always good to know about decent alternatives - thanks for letting us know !!

Simon

Back