Sandbags for lighting stands?

Name
Peter Buckley-Saxon
Edit My Images
No
Can anyone help with where to source sandbags for lighting stands? The bags need to be saddle (i.e. double bags), and of a decent quality, for repeated use. The ones that I have seen for sale so far, have been ridiculously expensive.

Alternatively, does anyone use a sensible alternative (bearing in mind ease of use)?

Thanks

Can anyone help with where to source sandbags for lighting stands? The bags need to be saddle (i.e. double bags), and of a decent quality, for repeated use. The ones that I have seen for sale so far, have been ridiculously expensive.

Alternatively, does anyone use a sensible alternative (bearing in mind ease of use)?

Thanks

Bean bags?

I use diving weights. :)

Not the lead block type but the bean bags. Although the lead block ones would actually work very well on a belt.............Hmmmmm.

Come in neat little black bags that you can drape over the stand. Heavy and not too big either.

I use diving weights. :)

Not the lead block type but the bean bags. Although the lead block ones would actually work very well on a belt.............Hmmmmm.

Come in neat little black bags that you can drape over the stand. Heavy and not too big either.

Another Ebay search beckons - thanks.

I'm another that uses diving weights, the old lead type on a belt. Works great.

Mart.

Plastic milk bottle with handle. Fill with sand from beach or builders merchent.
If you want it portable fill same type of items with water, empty when you have finished.

Plastic milk bottle with handle. Fill with sand from beach or builders merchent.
If you want it portable fill same type of items with water, empty when you have finished.

Now here's a man who understands economy! Excellent suggestion - thanks for that.

Peter

Back