Sandisk 8gb 60mb/s £17.97 posted

I bought three and they've just arrived.

However, they're slightly different from my existing cards and one of them was in a slightly smaller box than the other two...

Existing on the left, Currys/PC World on the right. Do they look to be legit?

CF-card-comparison.jpg

Ordinarily I'd never buy Sandisk from anywhere apart from online reputable camera shops, or Amazon (direct not reseller), as there is a load of counterfeits out there.
Having said that, this is PC World / Curry's outlet, so these shouldn't be dodgy.

It was only because it was Currys/PC World that I bought them. Normally I would never buy from either Ebay or Amazon unless it was a purchase from Amazon themselves.

The difference in labelling is, though, a little unsettling.

It was only because it was Currys/PC World that I bought them. Normally I would never buy from either Ebay or Amazon unless it was a purchase from Amazon themselves.

The difference in labelling is, though, a little unsettling.

Could be a mix of stock - some old, some newer. Sandisk do sometimes change their design. I've got some Ultras, some older don't have the 30MB/s and the newer do. Both bought from Amazon (although sometime apart).

Just to tidy this up, I called Sandisk, they asked for the serial numbers and confirmed that the cards are genuine.

They also asked for the serial numbers of my existing cards and confirmed that they are genuine also.

All nine cards are now registered with Sandisk for their lifetime guarantee and I have to say that the person I spoke to (she called me back as they had run out of English speaking reps when I called!) was more than pleasant and more than helpful.

Back