Sandisk Ultra II vs Sandisk Extreme III CF Card

Name
Guy
Edit My Images
Yes
Im off on holiday next week and im going on safari, im torn between a 4GB Ultra II card for £17.49 or a 2GB Extreme III card for £13.49.

Which one is the better card to go for, i know the Extreme is better than the Ultra but i get double the storage for only £4 more. Decisions decisions.

Or does anyone have any better suggestions?

I would suggest you solve both problems and buy a Extreme III 4GB for £17.99 from Picstop. Its back in stock so be quick as the last time they did this deal it proved very popular

There is a thread about it HERE

The prices i've quoted are including postage, looking at it on picstop postage bumps it up to £20.49 which is still cheaper but 4-7 day postage not sure if i can risk it if i go for fast delivery its £31.40. Good find though

With Picstop select delivery from Jersey (option 2). I did the same and got mine a few days later. They are very good with their service. I guess it depends how many days you've got till you go.

Another option, is to go to PCWorld and ask them to price match against Play.com. Play sell the same card for £22.99 including free delivery, but PCWorld say they will match and refund 10% of the difference, which will bring the price down nicely.

I got my 4 gb extream 3 from amazon for £25 inc delivery, was here in 2 days

Great card and fantastic speeds for multiple shots

Mike

Im off on holiday next week and im going on safari,
how long are you going for?
how much memory are you planning to take?
what are you shooting with (camera + type raw/jpg)?

Gotta say I love Ultra II's never had a problem with them, plenty quick and great prices to boot, there all I use.

Alan

Back