Sandpiper

CT

TPer Emeritus
Edit My Images
Yes
We managed a few hours at Sandwell Valley Reserve today. We'd only been there about 5 minutes and just got set up when the Sandpiper arrived, much to the amazement of the regular twitchers. Apparently you could sit there for a month and not see one, so that alone made the day worthwhile. :)

OY8N8512-01.jpg

OY8N8517-01.jpg

A few others from the day...

COOT.
OY8N8602-01.jpg

BLACK HEADED GULL
OY8N8501-01.jpg

JUVENILE COOT
OY8N8645-01.jpg

And the obligatory...

SWAN SHOT
OY8N8660-01.jpg

All these were at 1000mm and I was still well under-gunned a lot of the time.

:clap:

nice shots there mate i really like the low angle you have really makes them work for me

dave(y)

The 500mm must have got a few comments from the twitchy people! Not sure these are quite up to your usual (amazing) standard CT but I like the first one very much - made all the better by it being rare :D

The 500mm must have got a few comments from the twitchy people!
Yeah - it did! :D

Not sure these are quite up to your usual (amazing) standard CT but I like the first one very much - made all the better by it being rare :D

It's a nice big roomy hide, but no way to set up a tripod really, so I ended up using the long lens case for a bean bag. That's my excuse anyway. :p

:eek: ... shock horror ... :cautious: ... Cedric in photographic outing with non-garden birds scandal ...
a0100.gif
... :D

On a serious note though it is great to see you can produce excellent stuff out of the comfort of your settee too m8 ... :D ... second 'piper is gorgeous ... (y)

08.gif

Excellent shots CT.
1st 2 for me

Lovely set of shots, I like the bokeh in #1 especially.

excellent photo's love number 1. how did you get that effect on the water?

If you look at the angle of the two shots he's moved a long way between them. It's basically just down to the light striking the water at a different angle, so I can't really claim any credit. ;)

Back