Sango Bay + 2 edited images

Name
paul
Edit My Images
Yes
A disastrous few days as I lost all my data on a memory card but hey that's life.
I turned up at Sango Bay and it was a horrid day, sky was meh and the tide was going out and it was hammering down with rain. Stood under the umbrella and decided on a couple of long exposure images after a walk about.
Decided on a square crop as it fitted quite nicely and the marmite border :police:

Shapes 1.
Shapes 1. Sango Bay by Paul Cronin 1, on Flickr

Shapes 2.
Shapes 2. Sango Bay by Paul Cronin 1, on Flickr

Shaps 3.
And then an over exposed image to bring the detail out of those lovely rocks.
Shapes 3. Sango Bay by Paul Cronin 1, on Flickr

First two could be absolutely delicious
with more meticulous work and without
frame. :cool:

The framing of the second shot is spot on, for me. The three little rocks on the extreme left edge distract me but I am not sure they are worth editing out. The first shot has a better alignment of the rocks but too much nothing sky and too tight at the bottom (for my personal taste, of course). As the others have said, it would benefit from a different edit to bring out the shadows more (second shot does this well). As you note with the third shot, there is some lovely detail in the rocks and it is a shame to lose it.

I like the light and colours in the first but not enough space at the bottom for me. The second is arranged perfectly though.

I'll go for the second too. The composition flows better that the 1st and there's more detail in the rock. I do like the 3rd too. It's unusual and 'losing' the water throws all the emphasis on the touches of colour in the rocks and the headland.

I like the second a lot and the frame suits it well

love the first two
no 3 ahhhhhhh could you not just dull the highlights and raise the shadow slider for the detail

First two could be absolutely delicious
with more meticulous work and without
frame. I

Cheers Kodiac, I'm not one for bring up the shadows too much, but I know what you mean.

Second that, Cant wait to see!!

Thanks Bruce

shapes 1. by Paul Cronin 1, on Flickr

Shapes 2. by Paul Cronin 1, on Flickr

The framing of the second shot is spot on, for me. The three little rocks on the extreme left edge distract me but I am not sure they are worth editing out. The first shot has a better alignment of the rocks but too much nothing sky and too tight at the bottom (for my personal taste, of course). As the others have said, it would benefit from a different edit to bring out the shadows more (second shot does this well). As you note with the third shot, there is some lovely detail in the rocks and it is a shame to lose it.

Thanks for the response Ian. The first image is too tight for me also but for some reason, when you stand on the beach all set up, some people think its a good idea to walk in front on you :banghead: and this is what happened. Although that's their right.

I like the light and colours in the first but not enough space at the bottom for me. The second is arranged perfectly though.

Thanks Craig, and understand what you mean about the first one, as said a couple decided to walk in front of me and as the tide was going out I was doomed with the footsteps.

I'll go for the second too. The composition flows better that the 1st and there's more detail in the rock. I do like the 3rd too. It's unusual and 'losing' the water throws all the emphasis on the touches of colour in the rocks and the headland.

Thanks for stopping by Jan, appreciate the comments.

I like the second a lot and the frame suits it well

love the first two
no 3 ahhhhhhh could you not just dull the highlights and raise the shadow slider for the detail

Thanks Holty, I think the 3rd one is definitely a marmite image.

Back