Sanyo Eneloop Alternative :)

Edit My Images
Yes
That's a brilliant price - they seem every bit as good as Eneloops too.

Sadly my local PC World don't have any or I'd have bought a couple!

All my rechargeables batteries are crap and so i've decided to look for the best price of Sanyo Eneloops and stumbled across this in PC World (Solihull) http://www.amazon.co.uk/GP-Battery-Charger-Rechargeable-Batteries/dp/B000T9XDBA/ref=pd_rhf_shvl_2 for a price of £4.47 :woot: They are marked at a higher price on the shelves. There were loads left in the store at the till and the battery section :)

I think its a very good price and you get a decent charger thrown in :)

Can't find them on the PC World website :thinking: Do you have a link directly to them, or are you saying they scan at a lower price than shown on the shelf ticket?

Cheers

I was looking at these awell but read in a few places that they were not as good as the major brands in keeping their charge even though they are meant to be LSD.
I haven't done geektesting on them, but haven't had any issues (or noticed any difference) between these and eneloops / infiniums. Then again, my batteries all have pretty fast turnover...

Went in on my way home from work and picked up 6 of these sets.

£26.82 for 6 sets of decent rechargeables. Bargain! (y)
Thanks for the heads up.

The manager came over as I was paying, wondering how much they were. Turns out he was a photographer as well and even he didn't realise they were so cheap, so as I was leaving he went off to grab himself a few packs. :LOL:

Can't find them on the PC World website :thinking: Do you have a link directly to them, or are you saying they scan at a lower price than shown on the shelf ticket?

Cheers
To answer my own question, I went into PC World today. Shelf edge price was £7.47, but they scanned at £4.47. I had a few and as of 13:00 today there were still 4 left on the shelves of PC World Solihull.

Additional info. The batteries are 2050mah, charger comes with a mains lead, but also a connection for a 12v supply (lead not supplied), presumably for charging from your car.

Just went to my local PC World in Blackburn and got 2x sets of 2x AA 2100mah and 2xAAA 600mah c/w with chargers for £4.47 a set and then a separate set of 4x AAA so I now have 8 batteries for my flashes and 4 AAA's for the wii and change from £15.00 the make is GP not sure if they are the best but well worth a visit for me.

They are not the exact ones pictured but the set of four were priced at I believe £7.49 and scanned as £4.47 the sets with the chargers were £4.47 per set and were a bargain imo. They have a fair few left on the shelf maybe 10 or so sets. Thanks for the heads up ps2user (y)

btw they come with a travel charger that is quite slick with interchangeable adaptors with options for two or three pins like they have on some mobile phone chargers that are very compact

Last edited:
The Recyko battery/charger sets are all over £10 in PCW Inverness, there are some standard NiMH sets that are priced at £4.47 though.

Reviving a long dead thread, but I picked up a couple of these sets last night when I happened to be passing a PC World.

I got the last two at the Team Valley (Gateshead) store, but might be worth others checking if you're still looking for them!

Back