Saracens v Clermont

Lynton

awkward customer
Name
Lynton (yes really!)
Edit My Images
No
Apologies - mods - feel free to move this post - just thought I may get the best response in here.

I am off to watch the game on Sunday. Nothing on the ticket to say no cameras. Is it generally the same at football, or is it all a bit more relaxed? ... Just thinking the seats we have, may provide some opportunities.... :shrug:

I'm not sure that you will care now but I've never heard of any restriction and have seen plenty of cameras when at twickers so cannot imagine that in the leagues there is any issue (y)

Matt
Ignorance is bliss isn't it

This is a direct quote from the RFU terms and conditions and ground regulations which every single professional RU club has to ashere to, this is also signposted at every single professional RU ground in the country, just because you haven't seen it doesn't mean it doesn't exist

Section 14

14. With the exception of persons authorised by the Club Management and Press Representatives holding official passes, the taking of photographs, cine photography or video footage inside the Ground is prohibited. In addition, recording for Radio, Television, Internet or for private purposes, whether for transmission or otherwise, is not permitted except with special authorisation in writing by the Club Management.

Ignorance is bliss isn't it

This is a direct quote from the RFU terms and conditions and ground regulations which every single professional RU club has to ashere to, this is also signposted at every single professional RU ground in the country, just because you haven't seen it doesn't mean it doesn't exist

Section 14

Indeed it is (y) thankfully I've only ever done amateur teams for my own pleasure (y) but thanks for the info (y)

I was talking to someone the other day who does attend premiership/first class rugby games in Wales as an official photographer and said there was a restriction on flash photography at such games.

Theres a restriction on any kind of photography, its in the terms and conditions of the RFU and the clubs ground access conditions, some clubs just choose to be lax about about it.

Certainally not all Patrick, ive watched one smart arsed guy get his gear confiscated and physically removed from Headingley Carnegie, this was after he was warned several times to stop

Nah then Gary, do what your told, theres a good lad................:D

A question (and i promise im not trolling it is a genuine question) why do football clubs and rugby clubs add this kind of stipulation on fans taking pictures? I would love to take the odd picture when i go to watch wolves play and when i go to Northampton but because of these types of restrictions im always fearful of taking my camera along.

Someone please PM Ben the answer :crying:, I can't sit through this again:shrug:!!

A question (and i promise im not trolling it is a genuine question) why do football clubs and rugby clubs add this kind of stipulation on fans taking pictures? I would love to take the odd picture when i go to watch wolves play and when i go to Northampton but because of these types of restrictions im always fearful of taking my camera along.
Image rights, its about protecting the players image rights, in essence why should you, me, or anyone potentially profit from a players image yet the player himself doesn't.

To be fair I assumed it would be like football and dodn't bother. Quite a few cameras about though. What was more surprising was one lady had the proper "Photo" bib on her, and had what looked to be a 55-200 or so kit lens. Obviously, the big boys had the big lenses... more 5D Mk III's than you could shake a stick at. (Yes Saracens, were so poor, I went camera spotting!)

Interestingly a lot of the big boys also had big Sigma lenses as opposed to L glass or it's Noinker equivalent.

Watford FC stadium though. What a dive.

Gary Coyle said:
Image rights, its about protecting the players image rights, in essence why should you, me, or anyone potentially profit from a players image yet the player himself doesn't.

Ok thanks. As a fan I disagree but I won't start an argument here.

Thanks for the answer.

Ok thanks. As a fan I disagree but I won't start an argument here.

Thanks for the answer.

Thank you Ben(y).

Hi G, Had to cry off a game today!.
Fri- Rugby Hudds V Salford & Sat Footy- Hudds V Sheff Weds over the weekend was enough according to she who must be obayed so I do as I'm told:eek:

Thank you Ben(y).

Hi G, Had to cry off a game today!.
Fri- Rugby Hudds V Salford & Sat Footy- Hudds V Sheff Weds over the weekend was enough according to she who must be obayed so I do as I'm told:eek:

Ya big softie, i was on a good un today, rlphotos, Yorkshire and Evening Post, Hull Daily Mail and some for the Giants themselves.

Hi G,
James got in touch from the Giants to ask if I'd do the club tog bit but I'd decided to not cover the game on Mon!. Just as well I didn't turn up on spec then?, as there was little National usage & you, greedy sod, had all the rest covered through Dave:razz:. See you soon Graham.

Hi G,
James got in touch from the Giants to ask if I'd do the club tog bit but I'd decided to not cover the game on Mon!. Just as well I didn't turn up on spec then?, as there was little National usage & you, greedy sod, had all the rest covered through Dave:razz:. See you soon Graham.
Hi mate, i did the match stuff for the Giants but they asked Dave Howarth to do the presentation/other stuff

Back