Scammers on Amazon (shocker!)

Name
John
Edit My Images
Yes
Watch for these guys - "Wilson D-Tech" - link

Sony A7 @ £422 + many many more bargains.

I've reported it to Amazon and on the face of it they don't care that much - but I suspect\hope that once official policy is out of the way (where they have to say its all safe) it will get taken down.

I did see if they'd price match ;)

However track down the phone number of the shop and as they're a furniture shop the lass in sales is off to have a word with their director.

Edit: Just for fun I thought I'd contact them via Amazon and guess what it bounced

Your e-mail(s) to Wilson Sales D-Tech (3kj9xybctz89p3l@marketplace.amazon.co.uk) cannot be delivered because there was a problem with the recipient's email system. The recipient can still view the message in their message centre onAmazon.co.uk, but they will not receive it by e-mail. We apologise for the inconvenience.​

Presumably thats to make the genuine site own oblivious to whats happening.

Guess that only leaves me the little bit in the item description "Write us: dealings@tech-center.comTHANKS!", lol, or not :D

Last edited:
Unfortunately, these pop up all the time - they're easy to spot, not only because of the ludicrous pricing, but there is usually a note on the item asking you to contact them at a random email address before purchasing.

Aye, I guess they're not more realistically priced to catch the somewhat less sensible ones that wouldn't skip all the Amazon protection

....any sorted (mostly - some dodgy items still there by the look of it)

...and they're back again - under the same account - wasn't that a waste of time.

Edit: Contacted Amazon - the guy just did not understand - spoke with someone in their support team - who didn't understand, listened to all I said and just wanted *MY* bank number! WTF. So angry now and all I want to do is help someone not get scammed.

Edit 1.5 (this was at the same time as on chat to Amazon) I spoke with the company and they confirmed they'd been jacked and that they were loosing trade but Amazon we'rent helping much.

Edit 2: Amazon don;t give a monkeys and their sales team do nothing but pick out random support calls - despite my specific request that someone who understood rung me directly.

So P'd off with them, I was in a great mood playing with my lad when I decided to try and help out both Amazon and the honest seller - and now this a flaming bad mood having been treat to one of the worst examples of customer service I've seen in a very long time.

Edit 3: Eventually I spoke with someone who actually listened and she's doing what she can (given I'm not the seller) - much less annoyed now, still a shame they wouldn't price match :D

Last edited:
Hi John,

I feel your frustration. I have been pushing Amazon for over amonth to close these scammer shops down. The total shops closed so far is about 25. Amazon would just need to rewrite the coding design of their site to prohibit email address in the condition field. However, they don't seem to care.
I think the scammers shop prices is drawing so many hits to amazon they don't really care.
As I say, I have moaned at them for well over a month and they don't really care.

Read this thread for more info.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/cu...hread=TxJJ5PC3ZV9W7T&cdPage=9#Mx2IL8RP4EGDJCM

Last edited by a moderator:
ha, I Wilson Sales in there - I do understand why Amazon couldn't help me - after all I could have been the hacker trying to social engineer a shop change - but is so disheartening to see, but what Amazon don't get is that I trust eBay more than Amazon markteplace - basically if its not Amazon themselves or from their warehouse then I treat it with suspicion.

Hi everyone, I am the poor soul whose Amazon account has been hacked by Wilson D-Tech. We are three days in now and Amazon have still not restored our account. Our phone is ringing off the hook and we have resorted to FB to try and communicate with Amazon.
We were told that we would be locked out of the account whilst it was restored which could take up to 48 hours so this guy should've been shut down by Sat 9/7 at the latest.
He is based in Italy apparently and catches people when they message to ask for direct payments into his bank account. Not yet spoken to a coherent English speaking Amazon rep and as a garden furniture company at our busiest time of the year we are obviously struggling with dealing with this as he took down our inventory with the hack.
Apologies to everyone but as Amazon have taken back 'control' of the account we are resorting to SM to try and get a handle on this.

I hope it gets sorted quickly and for good this time

Thanks John & to everyone that has tried to do something about this - we are grateful even if it is proving fruitless at present.
"Going round in circles" doesn't do Amazon's communication process justice.

Hello everyone, glad I stumbled across this forum.

I've currently been exchanging emails with "Gerard Wilson" at D-Tech about a product. I was interested in a Razer Blade laptop for £917 he was selling at that price due to "stock liquidation". I was sceptical, and when I saw the account he wants me to directly pay into I new the price was too good to be true. It was some weird Italian account. This is my 1st experience with a scammer, can any of this information I have help stop him? This is his account he wants me to pay into:

Account Name: Socoliu Co. INC
Iban: IT90E0760105138203648903650
Bic/Swift: BPPIITRR
Bank Name: BancoPosta SpA
Bank Address: Via Europa 190, 00144 Roma IT

This is the IP address of the last email I was sent 6 hours ago;

[93.50.201.57]

Hope that helps. :)

Damn @Lisa Brown I thought you had it sorted just now, but theres still some tech in there!

Now that you mention it, I think I was scammed a couple of years ago..

I bought a tablet computer for my daughter, at what was a very good price.

When it arrived it was dead, no life whatsoever.

I phoned up to ask for a refund, and was told "oh some of them don't work"!!!

I returned the tablet to the vendor, but alas did not get a proof of postage. They denied receiving it.

My fault, but was scammed I reckon......

Amazon had no interest as it was one of their "shops".................

£80 squids down the drain.

Mj

Hi, I have also been exchanging emails this week with this Gerard Wilson since falling for his scam on Saturday 10th July. Unfortunately I actually paid him a couple of days ago after deciding it must be OK due to Oakita Limited's excellent customer feedback... I had no idea he could hijack another respectable businesses ID on Amazon like this.

So far I am expectingr my delivery tomorrow but I guess I wont wait in for it after all. I just wish I had followed my usual instincts and googled his name first - leading me here.

That's terrible, I suspect you'll get no support from Amazon as you sound like you went round their system but if you complain to Amazon be sure to direct them here so they can see it was fully reported and within their ability to have averted

Unless I've missed something it looks like they got them already, but yeah, any "write to us:" especially if to a free gmail address should be treat as suspicious.

Now that you mention it, I think I was scammed a couple of years ago..

I bought a tablet computer for my daughter, at what was a very good price.

When it arrived it was dead, no life whatsoever.

I phoned up to ask for a refund, and was told "oh some of them don't work"!!!

I returned the tablet to the vendor, but alas did not get a proof of postage. They denied receiving it.

My fault, but was scammed I reckon......

Amazon had no interest as it was one of their "shops".................

£80 squids down the drain.

Mj
A less honest soul would then have sent a piece of wood by registered mail.....

If you'd bought from a scammer through Amazon, don't they offer you buyers protection though, much like eBay?

Last edited:
yes, if they don't con you into using their gmail - which is how they work.

Last edited:
Back