Scanning negs...help

Edit My Images
No
IMG.jpg

when i try to scan my negs in it comes out like this. if i play with the curves and levels it makes it better...but still way too blue,

i want to be able to see all the warm tones and colours :(

lets try this:

put paper on the 'film strip' and scan it? makes it more white which makes it more easy to change the colour on Photoshop :)

Have you set it up in the settings to scan negs? What scanner have you got? Are you sure you can actually scan negs with it?

ok there is nothing i can apart than explaining how to do set up

go to your scanner preference, maybe you need advanced setting or something. find a 'negative colour' click it. and scan the film stripe, hopefully itll display as what you want it to be :)

here is my tried out but failed:

scanneg.jpg

scanneg2.jpg

That's weird. Most scanners have an 'Auto everything' scan mode and a more adavnced mode where you can alter the settings.

Have you tried the 'Auto' mode?

auto won't work, scanners like camera, you need to be manual sometimes :)

My scanner automatically detects the medium I'm scanning.

Try taking a screen shot of your scan window. Just press 'Print Screen' on your keyboard which copies the screen to memory. You can then open it in any reasonable processing package and post a copy here.

"Technical Description: Canon CanoScan LiDE 8800F Film Scanner 4800x9600 dpi with 48 bit colour Film scanning for 35 mm strip, 120 fromat film/max 6 x 22cm (filmstrip only)Include Adobe PS elements & Silverfast, SE USB 2.0 - 2168B008AA (Scanners Scanners)..." A source by some website.

weird, it DOES say it should work. ktlh3410, check your setting if its on auto or negative then itll work :)

may sound stupid but did you take the white cover off the lid? I forgot to do this when I first got mine

i took off the white lid yes.
thanks for replies, will try a few of your ideas this week and let post the results on here.

I'm guessing it could be that you're scanning negative colour film but the scanner thinks it's slide film and and is applying the wrong colour correction (or visa-versa)

What camera did you use, the image goes all the way to the film edges, which isn't common, not unknown, just not seen it often.

Perhaps the auto sensing is looking to the normally opaque film edges to detect the film type - as suggested manually set the film type - neg colour etc and try again.

What camera did you use, the image goes all the way to the film edges, which isn't common, not unknown, just not seen it often.

Perhaps the auto sensing is looking to the normally opaque film edges to detect the film type - as suggested manually set the film type - neg colour etc and try again.

I used a holga 120 adapted to take 35mm :)
also i have cracked it now, i reinstalled the package which odly gave me more options, and i was able to change exposure on manual setting .

Untitled-5.jpg

thnks for the help :)

Back