Scotch eggs are a substantial meal :) it's official

Becoming a complete farce now. Can’t imagine Boris sitting down to a scotch egg and chuff all else[emoji23]

Many years ago, there was an establishment that did excellent food and would serve alcohol to go alongside it. Their interpretation of hot food included fresh toast. Might have had the occasional round of toast (as well as many great "proper" meals) there!

Guessing not as a main meal though! ;)

But what does constitute a "meal"? Most days I have just a sarnie for lunch with something more substantial in the evening so 2 slices of bread and a slice or 2 of ham is my main mid-day meal.

Make your own, much tastier and you can have the yolks how you like them (y)
I prefer sausage rolls to be honest. As for a substantial meal, I think a Scotch egg could be part of one, but doesn't constitute one on its own. On its own it's a snack.

I don't think I'd make a very good politician, if an interviewer asked me if a Scotch egg would count, my reply would most likely be "Don't be ****ing stupid!". :whistle:

I don't think I'd make a very good politician, if an interviewer asked me if a Scotch egg would count, my reply would most likely be "Don't be ****ing stupid!". :whistle:
I'm all for an after the watershed new program were all niceties are out the window, I want news presenter to be able to call politician out to say, Shut up you liying ****er and tell the truth. Far to many sycophantic scared of controversy in the news media these days.

We get Scotch eggs in a four pack, so I might scoff all of them as lunch, so could a few be meal?

We get Scotch eggs in a four pack, so I might scoff all of them as lunch, so could a few be meal?
If you'd done some work for me and I said I'd take you out for a 'substantial meal' in payment for it; then I put a 4 pack of scotch eggs in front of you and said there you are. I don't think you'd be very pleased with me, would you? So there's your answer! ;)

If you'd done some work for me and I said I'd take you out for a 'substantial meal' in payment for it; then I put a 4 pack of scotch eggs in front of you and said there you are. I don't think you'd be very pleased with me, would you? So there's your answer! ;)
Never worked for food nor likely to, but the drink needed to accompany the 4 scotch egg lunch might cost a bit more:beer:

If you'd done some work for me and I said I'd take you out for a 'substantial meal' in payment for it; then I put a 4 pack of scotch eggs in front of you and said there you are.
In some countries people would call themselves lucky to get that much. You'd probably get more than just one days work out of them.

In some countries people would call themselves lucky to get that much. You'd probably get more than just one days work out of them.
Can you send a couple round here then please, I have a day's gardening for them to do. (y) ;)

Talking about this with an ex colleague, he said”I’ve seen your workrate, that’d be overcharging!” With friends like that who needs enemies!

Back