Scottish Highland Pictures 07/08

Name
David Bridges
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi all, :wave:

I have just come back from the scottish highlands and wow... first time with a D-SLR and I dont think i have the skill yet that enables me to capture the raw beauty of this area.

This thread will show you my shots as i work through them in photoshop as a few need levels tweaked as i have no filters so HDR may be nessecary to grasping the sky back into the shot.

I hope you like my pictures and i look forward to your feedback. :)

First two don't have much of a highlands feel but you can see anyway.

Avielochan
(I used a self timer its me in the shot)
2004739944486814374_rs.jpg

Woods somewhere inside Rothiemurchus.
2004724693981384640_rs.jpg

That first shot is an absolute corker!

Love No 1 too.(y)(y)

Glen Coe
2003051234128112667_rs.jpg

Thanks for the feedback so far !

keep em comming, all good stuff.

WOW, i luv the 1st two, brilliant! i haven't got a clue how to use photoshop or what it does lol

i love #1 aswell, it's beautiful; cant imagine how you got stars in it. :wacky: i have soooo much to learn.

No 1 is excellent - an album cover surely :D

Nos 2 & 3 are pretty damn good as well

Woah, how strange.
In photography at college, we're doing our final images at the moment, and my theme is solitude.
That first image is exactly what I had in my head as what I wanted to do.

Its stunning, really is.

All are great, but the first is fantastic, it appears that you are looking at the image through an 'eye' shape and has great focus on the person i.e. you

Keep the inspirational shots coming :clap:

No1 is a great capture :clap: well done

look forward to rest of em (y)

First class pictures, :clap::clap:...i just love Scotland. (y)

Wow i didn't realise that my first few shots would get such a great response. Its a pretty hard act to follow and i hope these 2 shots dont seem like a let down. I was just trying out some new borders so you can give me a bit of feedback on them if you like.

Probally a little too cold / too much reading practical photography.
Loch Laggan
2000223165063243655_rs.jpg

Loch Laggan - Woods...
2000212952834105400_rs.jpg

First is a beauty, it's got mood in spades.
Although the branches of the tree are starting to disintegrate, probably due to compression, the image is only 40k which would suggest it is.

Second is nice, but the sun is just too central, take a look at a very similar image in this post
http://www.talkphotography.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=44396

The sun is to the side of the frame, making the composition more comfortable on the eye.

Last, does nothing for me, processing doesn't feel right.

crikey those are good (Loch Laggan)
same style as Messiah Khan did a few days ago

excellent stuff (y):clap:

Last, does nothing for me, processing doesn't feel right.
I know that they were not going to be everyones cup of tea so thanks for honesty.

same style as Messiah Khan did a few days ago

I didn't copy him i swear, im sure some of the exif boffins will tell me that the last edit was before MK's thread :)

And thanks very much for the compliments again.

Really great shots dude,the 1st one with the stars is great,its just up the road from me and you captured it well,keep them coming :) (y)

Back