Scottish Meet up

Keltic Ice Man

Glossary King
Name
Allan
Edit My Images
Yes
OK so lets have a think about a scottish meet.

I was thinking of somewhere around Glasgow or Edinburgh in October / November time - probably not too much further up as transport may be difficult for some.

Any thoughts?

Any interest.

Bachs you were at Edinburgh Zoo at haymarket yesterday - is it worth a trip around?
Allan

From my side it would need to be a Saturday or Sunday.

Just looking for whats on in Oct / Nov - Any good?

Christmas in Edinburgh

23 November - 24 December 2006

Get into the Christmas sprit as Edinburgh makes it a December to remember with fabulous festive celebrations and a month long Christmas party!

From the glittering lights of George Street to the Edinburgh Eye, it's a spectacular seasonal treat. Explore the German market for unusal gift ideas, tasty treats and warming mulled wine or take to the ice at Winter Wonderland. Whatever your age, Edinburgh's Christmas is a magical way to make the most of the season of good will.

Visit the Edinburgh's Christmas website (opens in new window)

I'm definitely on for a meet anytime.

I went to the first POTN meet in Edinburgh... it was a great experience and made many new friends.

I'll be posting a thread on my Ed Zoo trip next couple of days.
It was a great day out, enough to keep us occupied for a full day.

The weather is the usual spoiler so that needs to be taken into consideration for October.

It p***ed it down for most of the day on the POTN meet so we had the Scottish Museum indoors as a contingency plan which worked well.

Count me in!

Oooh - I've always wanted to go to Edinburgh. Dependant upon when the meet is, I may be able to go, although I envisage having to work lots of weekends in the meantime just to be able to afford all these meeets :LOL:

Yep, I could be tempted :)

Might be tempted also - easier to get a train to Edinburgh from Newcastle than some of these locations in the south (y)

Gerrup there :)

GNER trains have offers on at the minute - as cheap as £9 for a single ticket from London - Edinburgh :eek:

For those wanting to come from the South the overnight sleeper is well worth cosidering too - bargain berths can be had involving sharing with someone from £19 one way. If going down this route though remember that the sleep doesn't run back down south on a Saturday night though!

I might give this one some thought too - we were talking about a weekend in Edinburgh around that time anyway.....

Sounds good - Southampton to Edinburgh is about 60 mins or so on the plane and costs about 30p.

Think you'll find it a bit more than 60 minutes, it takes that long to get from Newcastle to Stanstead and you've got a bit extra on either end. But what has grabbed my attention is the air fair 30p :thinking:

Com-on then, what air line is that with :)

Would like to get up to the meet myself, but I'm off up to the air show next weekend and then in November I've booked a flight thing 'in search of the Northern Lights'. No too sure the wife will let me out to play for another weekend :crying:

Flybe was about a quid (+ 40 quid taxes :D) return, and takes about 90 mins or so.

I'm up for it!

Anyone going to leuchars on saturday?

anyway...I'll happilly tag along, as long as nobody has a particular aversion to 16 year old boys in hoodies...

I know :D - I'm one of them :D

I can't wait!

Back