Screen Calibration

Name
Stephen
Edit My Images
Yes
I'm looking to get some prints made after a few years since ordering any. I'm having a few issues calibrating my monitor and not sure if its user error or if my spectrometer needs replacing.

I am trying to calibrate an IPS dell U2715H with an i1 display 2 that's about 10 years old.

The xrite software that came with it thinks my monitor isn't bright enough even if I push brightness up to 100% with contrast at 100% also. I am calibrating to 6500k, 2.2 gamma and luminace 120.

I left brightness at 40 and then calibrated the screen. Now all the colours seem dark and murky but when I auto tone in lightroom the highlights look blown (but still murky).

Everything looked ok on screen before calibrating. I'm thinking of just buying a nrwer calibration tool and seeing if I get better results

Thanks

Last edited:
Are you removing the ambient monitor before attempting the calibration....I seem to remember that it's quite difficult to remove and not that obvious

Two quick thoughts.

How old is the monitor?

I looked it up and it has LED backlight, is the i1 Display 2 able to calibrate a screen with this type of backlight?
Edit ~ it seems it can https://www.xrite.com/service-support/can_a_colorimeter_profile_an_led_display but I wonder if you contact x-Rite they might have anything to offer you by way of an answer & solution.

The monitor is only a couple of years old. I don't think it's the issue.

Interesting it should be supported as I did wonder if the screen technology had moved on since the i1 display 2 was made

Back