Script Writer (EBS Scripts version 2.14)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Should I be seeing 'Install' listed along with the other scripts in the PS drop-down menu?

Woops, new version of zip just uploaded.

Anyone that has already downloaded and installed can just delete the install.jsx script from the script folder after it has installed.....

Thanks for clearing that up.(y)

Just tried the EBS default and got this result:

DSC_0186f.jpg

Couple of things I noticed - I blanked all the options except for name and company name but instead of a blank space where shutter speed should be I get 'undefined' and against Lens I get a '?'. Is this normal?

Also I noticed that the focal length is cut off, but it is a narrow picture....

Great work by the way.

Thanks for clearing that up.(y)

Couple of things I noticed - I blanked all the options except for name and company name but instead of a blank space where shutter speed should be I get 'undefined' and against Lens I get a '?'. Is this normal?

Also I noticed that the focal length is cut off, but it is a narrow picture....

Great work by the way.

The lens name is not part of the standard exif data so this only works with RAW files. If you select multi-line it does word wrap the exif data so that it fits. I am looking into the EXIF data more as we go on because the next thing I am writing is an EXIF data analyser which will take your EXIF data and tell you everything about the picture, camera and lens (things like how many pictures the camera has taken etc). With the information I gain from doing this I will come back to this script and improve it. If you look at the EBS directory there should be a file called "last EXIF" this is a text file that contains all your EXIF data (you can turn production of this file on and off with the EDITOR). When I start I will be asking for people to send me as many of these as possible.

Try running it with a RAW file and if you still have any probs then just email me and we can see why. There were several modifications made to the EXIF part previously when certain camera/lens combos caused abnormalities. But most importantly the script can only display what is actually in the data.

Sorry for being a numpty, but how do I select this?

The screen shots are now post #8. Look at the bottom of screen 1 on the line "Bottom Text" - Multi line is there. You do however need to make sure that the border is large enough for the text.

been having a play, and seems to be running fine well done!

Okay, tried it with a RAW file and it did pick up all the data, but just to confirm, if I'm running this on jpegs my options are to manually enter this sort of data, or else settle for 'undefined' and/or question marks where data should be?

DSC_0582.jpg

I rotated the same pic 180 degrees to see if there was the same issue with lack of space for the data, and sure enough there was - so I'm keen to hear how I turn on this word-wrap option.

DSC_0582v.jpg

One other thing - I see the pics are still being resized by PS to 33.33% after the script is run - I think this was something you were going to look at in the previous thread?

Don't mean to be critical here! You asked for feedback... :)

The screen shots are now post #8. Look at the bottom of screen 1 on the line "Bottom Text" - Multi line is there. You do however need to make sure that the border is large enough for the text.

I can't get that to run. If I select Editor – EBS Data, PS asks me to select an EBS file to process....

I can't get that to run. If I select Editor – EBS Data, PS asks me to select an EBS file to process....

Yes, you select the EBS file ie "EBS - Default". Unfortunately these options are incompatible with Elements so I put a check in to stop them being processed by Elements and I made a gaff now it doesnt work for CS either.

I am just fixing it and will upload a new version which you only need download if you want this function.....

That's what I was looking for :) It kept throwing me an error when I tried to open the EBS Editor script with itself....:bonk:

That's why I put the check in, even I kept doing that. By the way I have fixed the what happens at the end bug! Just re packaging and uploading new version.

For anyone that want to fix their installation just re-download the zip file and replace the file "EXIF Border Main Section.lib" located in the cowlib file

OR

replace the line about 15th from the end that looks like this

if(FL_ScriptsFolder.name.indexOf("lements") == -1){

with

if(FL_ScriptsFolder.path.indexOf("lemen") == -1){

Woops !

One other thing - I see the pics are still being resized by PS to 33.33% after the script is run - I think this was something you were going to look at in the previous thread?

Don't mean to be critical here! You asked for feedback... :)

Oh yes back to this, now that we can....

Just select "SCREEN MODE STANDARD 100%" this takes the zoom up to 100% although you still need to spread the window out a bit.

Woops standby on downloading a replacement, I am just fixing it again :(

Got it running now - looking good! Now off to see if I can set up a rallyimages.co.uk user as well... Does the setup mean I'd need to log in to my PC as a different user to do that, or can I have 2 "users" on the one login? I'd like to be able to select either "©2009 etchacan|photography" or "©2009 rallyimages.co.uk" for the text on the right...

Right this time it IS fixed and you can now download the new install zip and extract the file "EXIF Border Main Section.lib" then place it into the cowlib directory.

alternatively replace these last few line with:

if(FL_ScriptsFolder.path.indexOf("lemen") == -1){
if (resizeatend == "screen mode standard (maximize)") {fitOnScreen()};
if (resizeatend == "screen mode standard (100%)") {ActualPixels()};
if (resizeatend == "screen mode maximized") {applyScreenMode(1)};
if (resizeatend == "screen mode full screen with menubar") {applyScreenMode(2)};
if (resizeatend == "screen mode full screen") {applyScreenMode(3)};
};

I set up 2 scripts, one for etchacan|photography, and one for rallyimages.co.uk. Set my name using "Editor - User Data" as "rallyimages.co.uk" and company as "etchacan|photography". Saved 2 scripts as as etchacan.js and rallyimages.js. etchacan.js has the company box ticked on the "EBS - Data Editor" menu, but I unticked it on rallyimages.co.uk so it would show my "name" instead of "company" It won't save the change! reopen the script, box appears re-ticked.

*update*
I went into the script and manually changed "var TextCopyrightCompany = true;" to false, saved it, and it's working now. But every time I change something else using the editor, I have to manually go back and change it.

If this doesn't make sense, I can try to explain it a bit better...

Right - thought of a way round my problem above: Set my name as rallyimages.co.uk, and company as etchacan|photography. Save one copy of EBS-default using the company name, and untick the box on the other copy so it uses rallyimages.co.uk.

Doesn't like it... When I go back to edit the script, the company box is still ticked, despite saving it as un-ticked. All my folders are set up so the system can write to them (I'm on Vista), everything else saves OK...

Woops slight typo in the script. Just fixing it now and will upload shortly...

Right new version uploaded again version 2.0.0 build D

Bugs fixed:

Company tick
Resizing at end
Install script appearing in the scripts folder

Anyone who has already downloaded the package does not need to re-install everything just the files:

EXIF Border Main Section.lib (in cowlib)
Editor - EBS Data.js (in Scripts)

and if you downloaded it right at the start you can delete INSTALL.JS from the scripts directory.

Alternatively backup your USER DATA.lib file and re-install then put the USER DATA.lib file back.

I went into the script and manually changed "var TextCopyrightCompany = true;" to false, saved it, and it's working now.

This is what the "Editor - EBS Script" program does but it is fixed now so this is not necessary. Thanks

Got it running now - looking good! Now off to see if I can set up a rallyimages.co.uk user as well... Does the setup mean I'd need to log in to my PC as a different user to do that, or can I have 2 "users" on the one login? I'd like to be able to select either "©2009 etchacan|photography" or "©2009 rallyimages.co.uk" for the text on the right...

I you look at the section "Right text (copyright info)" you can make it display absolutely anything by typing what you want into the TEXT field then unticking "or use copyright". Then by saving them (like you did) with different names you can have as many as you like eg for me "(c) Darren Hill", "(c) Cowasaki" or "(c) Darren Hill Photography".

Also you can make use of ASK field which prompts you with a text box so you can change the text every time.

This is what the "Editor - EBS Script" program does but it is fixed now so this is not necessary. Thanks

(y) Technical support at half-one in the morning... You are, quite literally, a star. Updated to 2.00d, all is well and functioning!:)

On the EBS - Data Editor, I'm not getting the save, save as, cancel, next page buttons at the bottom of page one.

Running v2.00d on CS3 and WinXP

Manual looks great though ;)

On the EBS - Data Editor, I'm not getting the save, save as, cancel, next page buttons at the bottom of page one.

Now that is strange. Can you run create data in the install directory and reply with the contents of the file generated, it should be called "return me 2.txt". Is the window too big for the screen? can you send a screen shot?

Do the user editor, panel etc programs work correctly?

Oh an try this GarynLea special edition version:

GARYNLEA VERSION

Off to work soon but will be back after 9:30 ish

I cannot get to edit the border? I can edit user data but when I try and run EBS Data I get an error message (2, line 49) saying file is too old. I deleted all previous files before installing. I used the auto install using XP.

Hope its not too confusing for you.

Trien the Garylea one too but still unable to run it.

I cannot get to edit the border? I can edit user data but when I try and run EBS Data I get an error message (2, line 49) saying file is too old. I deleted all previous files before installing. I used the auto install using XP.

Hope its not too confusing for you.

No that is a USER error. It is the message that pops up that is important (line 49 just makes the program fail at that point to stop any damage to the script you are trying to load!). When you run "EDITOR - EBS Data" you have to select a valid data file and the only one that comes with it is "EBS - Default". You get that error if you try and select anything else.

Sent you email with my last EXIF data file and the problematic jpg with partial EXIF so you can sort the EXIF undefined error!

Everything else in version 2 (downloaded 30 mins ago) seems to be working fine on elements 7 :)

So where is the V.2. download link?

So where is the V.2. download link?

So the links don't go missing the first 8 posts are being updated all the time. Just go to page 1 and scroll down to links. You can download it there.

Off to work now...

I thought it may be that it was off the bottom of the screen at 1360 x 768 so I increased the screen size to 1920 x 1080, rerun it and it still cut the bottom off .. the GLED version now (with larger screen size) opens but the 'bottom text (exif info)' is now cut off with no way to drag the window out ... HTH

Thanks for trying that version

I thought it may be that it was off the bottom of the screen at 1360 x 768 so I increased the screen size to 1920 x 1080, rerun it and it still cut the bottom off .. the GLED version now (with larger screen size) opens but the 'bottom text (exif info)' is now cut off with no way to drag the window out ... HTH

Thanks for trying that version

good I think it is something specific to your setup that is causing it but not to worry I wanted to add scroll bars to the editor screen anyway but couldn't work out how in the limited time I had. It was on the list for version 2.01 I will however bring it forwards (even if I just send it to you as a special version).

I am on my phone at the moment so will look at it later

Problem on install

Error 48: File or folder does not exist.
Line:4
-> //@include "Cowlib/Cow_Library.lib"

So I installed manually, but when running scripts get similar error with different line number complaining about no Cowlib.

I have Vista 32 SP1 using CS2. CS2 is installed to d:\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CS2 and not to the default install directory.

Have added the vista permissions (even though I'm running as admin) just in case.

Ran the create data script:

FL_ScriptsFolder = '/d/Adobe/Adobe%20Photoshop%20CS2/Presets/Scripts'
FL_UsersDocumentsDirectory = '~/Documents'
FL_UsersPicturesDirectory = '~/Pictures'
BridgeTalk.appName = 'photoshop'
$.os = 'Windows 6.0 Service Pack 1'
OperatingSystem() = 'undefined'
Folder.myDocuments = '~/Documents'
FL_UsersEBSDirectory = '~/EBS'

this is likely because of ms changing the os return string hence your is being unknown I will check the script later and it shouldn't be too difficult to sort it out. The data return util shows the problem hopefully

I'm ok my phone at mo but will be home later

Thanks Cowasaki. Looking forward to trying it :)

Hey Darren, just a tiny little thing that's bugging me ...

You have a bottom text offset, is this to raise the text slightly to clear the edge of the border?
If so, then it may benefit from a right text offset to do the same.

Tested the Batch converter and it works a treat (y)

Hey Darren, just a tiny little thing that's bugging me ...

You have a bottom text offset, is this to raise the text slightly to clear the edge of the border?
If so, then it may benefit from a right text offset to do the same.

Tested the Batch converter and it works a treat (y)

Another thing for version 2.01 :) and yes thats what its for you can set it using negative numbers too.

Right version 2.01's install.jsx file has now been added to the original script and gives a complete breakdown of the entire installation process into a file called installation.txt and contains all the routines so is stand alone.

Anybody who has had problems installing then please download again and re-install from scratch. IF it does not work then post the installation.txt file so that I can see exactly what went wrong.

There seem to be more good installs than faulty ones but I really want to sort all of them. Once that is done we can start adding features rather than spending time mending things :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back