Scum

What the hell is wrong with people? I am so outraged by this article that I can't even think straight.

Must admit, I was having violent thoughts! I wouldn't call them scum, far too nice a word for them. Unfortunately all the words I would like to use would appear as asterisks on this forum! :annoyed: :annoyed: :annoyed: :annoyed:

It's just beyond belief isn't it.

I'd just love ten minutes alone with these lowlife, give them a lesson in life.

Shocking... and look at the last paragraph - "Our website was flooded with comments after we told how fire crews faced a night of mayhem on November 5, with crews coming under attack from rockets, bricks and stones."

What the hell is wrong with people?

Stuff like this is always totally incomprehensible to me. Why the hell would you want to throw a lit firework at anyone, nevermind put it in a baby's pram. They should be strung up by their testicles IMHO

absolutely unbelievable.

This is where i believe the death penalty should apply- they have no right to live...

This forum is rather right wing.

Don't worry, due to the Human Rights Act and the fact that Scotland has more lawyers practicing in that field than anywhere else in the UK,the culprits will probably get a socialwork-funded therapy session in Tenerife to help them get over the stress (y)

This forum is rather right wing.

Was there meant to be a smiley with that?

Something like this happens every year - think back, some idiot blows something up, hurts someone, kills an animal....

It's about time they started to restrict the sale of explosive devices to the general public... You can't carry a screwdriver on the street but you can quite openly buy a device with more gunpowder in it than a loaded gun?:wacky:

so you'd advocate the death penalty?

Yes....or do you think it's right that the likes of Ian Huntley gets his every need pandered to at the tax payer's expense (in case he gets depressed or bored) while theose two wee girls are in their graves?

Well I don't see what the death penalty would achieve? Other than a nice feeling of revenge for the victims.

It would rid society of them and prevent them reoffending once they get out after serving a 12-year "life" sentence.....oh and save us a huge amount of money

Last edited:
Yes....or do you think it's right that the likes of Ian Huntley gets his every need pandered to at the tax payer's expense (in case he gets depressed or bored) while theose two wee girls are in their graves?

Well I most certainly do not advocate the death penalty in any situation. We are civilised, there is no need to sink to that level.

I've seen a firework burn. Afterall sparklers are still a form of firework. It ain't pretty and burning flesh stinks. Personally I wish you couldn't buy fireworks in the shop, but someone would still find a way to get hold of them.

I've seen a firework burn. Afterall sparklers are still a form of firework. It ain't pretty and burning flesh stinks. Personally I wish you couldn't buy fireworks in the shop, but someone would still find a way to get hold of them.

I disagree, that's just nanny state syndrome, there's lots of things you can buy in shops that in the wrong hands can kill, or harm people, you can't just ban everything.

It would rid society of them and prevent them reoffending once they get out after serving a 12-year "life" sentance.....oh and save us a huge amount of money

It might prevent them re-offending, but it won't prevent other people doing it, there usually drunk anyway, and everybody knows punishment doesn't work.

Besides I'm not convinced it would save money with the amount of appeals and legal costs it would take to have a death sentence.

It might prevent them re-offending, but it won't prevent other people doing it, there usually drunk anyway, and everybody knows punishment doesn't work.

Besides I'm not convinced it would save money with the amount of appeals and legal costs it would take to have a death sentence.

When I was at school if you did anything wrong you got the living **** belted out of you and that made you think twice before doing whatever it was again.Whilst I was in fifth year corporal punishment was banned and replaced with detention and punishment exercises,with the result that there was a noticeable rise in anti-social behaviour.

The punishment must fit the crime. If you take a life then you must suffer the consequences and being waited on hand and foot for the rest of your life is not an appropriate punishment for killing kids...

I think the punishment should fit the crime, ie. you burn a baby... you get burned too. Only fair imo.

The punishment must fit the crime. If you take a life then you must suffer the consequences and being waited on hand and foot for the rest of your life is not an appropriate punishment for killing kids...

I think the punishment should fit the crime, ie. you burn a baby... you get burned too. Only fair imo.

This and this (y)

shall we stop shops selling aerosols, matches, lighters, kitchen knives, spades, screw drivers, and solvents as well?

To those under a certain age, yes. In fact (up here at least) most such things (including fireworks) can't be legally sold to minors. Personally I see no reason why anyone should need to buy fireworks, proper regulated firework displays are fine, but selling them to any wee ned that happens into the shop is asking for trouble-as the story proves

(y)

Remember the guy they caught in India that was kidnapping and killing wee boys? He was killing them and then disposing of the bodies in a vat of acid, so that was what the prescribed punishment was for him . Again (y)

(y)

Remember the guy they caught in India that was kidnapping and killing wee boys? He was killing them and then disposing of the bodies in a vat of acid, so that was what the prescribed punishment was for him . Again (y)

Sweet... don't they allow the families of the deceased to carry out the punishment in some cultures? I seem to remember something about this - seems completely logical to me. I think our society has completely lost its way sometimes...

I despair, I really do. :shake: That's all I can say about it. :(

so you'd advocate the death penalty?

nope.. i was being facetious

these 'hang em high' threads seem to appear every other week.
the only difference between this thread and the others is that it wasnt the daily mail winding them up.

the thing that makes me laugh (and i'm not saying anyone here is guilty) is its often the same people complaining that the government is thinking of adding elements of sharia law that are also advocating 'an eye for an eye'.

dont worry, the forum isnt completely right wing. i'd say its about half and half, its just the sensible people keep quiet :)

i mean, honestly, what kind of country would this be if we caught the kids that did this and then burned them with fireworks.. its not bloody 1803

Sweet... don't they allow the families of the deceased to carry out the punishment in some cultures? I seem to remember something about this - seems completely logical to me. I think our society has completely lost its way sometimes...

Yes they do, iirc it's the case is some muslim countries (someone please correct me if I'm wrong). At first the theory sounds fine to me, but really I personally feel that's a step too far towards revenge rather than punishment..

To those under a certain age, yes. In fact (up here at least) most such things (including fireworks) can't be legally sold to minors. Personally I see no reason why anyone should need to buy fireworks, proper regulated firework displays are fine, but selling them to any wee ned that happens into the shop is asking for trouble-as the story proves

Fireworks are already banned for under 18s.

nope.. i was being facetious

these 'hang em high' threads seem to appear every other week.
the only difference between this thread and the others is that it wasnt the daily mail winding them up.

the thing that makes me laugh (and i'm not saying anyone here is guilty) is its often the same people complaining that the government is thinking of adding elements of sharia law that are also advocating 'an eye for an eye'.

dont worry, the forum isnt completely right wing. i'd say its about half and half, its just the sensible people keep quiet :)

i mean, honestly, what kind of country would this be if we caught the kids that did this and then burned them with fireworks.. its not bloody 1803

Amen.

Back