Sd card to cd?

Edit My Images
Yes
Hi
Any reccomendations to transfer Sd card taken from a video camera to Cd format ....
Thankyou.

i have imovies ,idvd,toast titanium which all convert to dvd
but when i play them on a normal dvd player they won’t play
i need to get 50 cds out for a local school since last week
i am very new to this type of thing i bought a panasonic camera and the soft ware to do it myself
but I’m having problems
so i thought i would try send them off to some company that knows what there doing

Is it a dvd photo slideshow you want to create?

There are a few free programs that will do that for you.

If it's a slideshow onto a cd I think it needs to be in mpeg format, not done it to cd for years surely the school will have dvd players?

Last edited:
You say you need to get 50 CD's out but then mention burning to DVD.

The 2 are different.

It doesn't help now but did you do a dry run before accepting the assignment to make sure you'd be able to do it with the software you have?

Sorry cds...dvds....i thought they were the same ish any way there dvds
i didn’t do a dry run
but last year i videoed them on a hi 8 camera and gave the tape to a local company to transfer onto Dvd which the did
so this year i thought buy a digital video camera and do them yourself

Copy the files to your pc then use a program called convertxtodvd (there should be a trial version online) to convert them to dvd format, either video_ts or an iso once done burn to your dvd's simple.

Last edited:
A program called DVD flick will convert your movies to play on a regular DVD player. It will also do the creating of the menus.

The latest versions of iMovie don't support DVD burning as Mac's no longer have DVD players. An alternative is to get a copy of Apples compressor which will.There are several apps on the app store including the FREE Free DVD maker. Not used it but it is free

I managed to copy the sd card onto dvd via imovie
it took so long i decided to go with a company that provides this service
cost was 1 euro per cd including packaging
Thanks again for all your input
B

Back