sdhc - Xp download problems

Edit My Images
Yes
I'm having trouble downloading files from a 4gb Kingston sdhc card.

If i use my (old) card reader with the sdhc card Xp doesnt automatically see it, nor will windows explorer.

If i connect the camera with the card inside the same happens, but this time when i go into windows explorer i can see the file listings and manually download the files.

Camera raw 4.0 in cs3 will not open Raw or jpg files from this card even when tranfered to hardrive.

You will need to Google for a number of "Hotfixes" to get this to work.

Its possible its not assigning a drive letter to it.

From your desktop,
1. Right Click on My Computer
2. Select Manage
3. On the left hand side, there is an option called Stoarge, and within that is Disk Management, click on this
4. In the right hand pane, it will list all drives, see if there is one which is about 4gb in size and has no drive letter assigned. If there is right click on it and select "change drive letter and path". then a dialog box will appear, select ADD and chose a drive letter. Click OK etc to exit and see if its there.

Just a thought :)

You should be using a SDHC compatible reader for this card. I was supplied a usb adapter for my card.

What camera are you using... does Camera raw need updating. Also has the card been formated in camera or computer.

Regards

Nigel

You should be using a SDHC compatible reader to this card. I was supplied a usb adapter for my card.

Regards

Nigel

SDHC readers are still rare, I've just had to replace my perfectly good readers just so I can use 4Gb cards in my new Ixus85 :bang:

If you buy one make sure it's says SDHC compatible , sales people can be a bit confused sometimes ;)

Ah, so the reader needs to be SDHC compatible?

I got my daughter a 4GB micro-SD card for her phone. It came with an adaptor that fits into a standard SD slot in a card reader. She has the same problem. Look like I'll have to spend more money on her :')

You can update drivers to read SDHC.. My dell built in reader didn't work until I updated the driver.. also updated the firmware I think but it was actually the driver that did the trick if i recall.

It doesnt help having ten days holiday...totally switched off...lol

Upgraded Camera Raw to version 4.5 and files can be viewed and opened.
Plus i'll purchase a new card reader soon.

Thanks to all that have contributed.

I too was upset at spending money on a new SDHC compatable reader for my SDHC cards :(

readeram0.jpg

I had to work hard for the over-inflated prices that "Poundland" charges :D....

Mike

You can update drivers to read SDHC.. My dell built in reader didn't work until I updated the driver.. also updated the firmware I think but it was actually the driver that did the trick if i recall.

Thanks, I'll look into that (y)

Firmware for what? I didn't think card readers had upgradeable firmware :thin
nking:

Yup, gotta be an sdhc reader.

I got mine off Amazon - This one http://www.amazon.co.uk/Integral-SD...?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1219327556&sr=1-23
for pence.

Damn, if I buy one of those I'll just have to get an Extreme III 4GB CF card for my 400D for just £17.99 as well :)

Firmware for what? I didn't think card readers had upgradeable firmware :thin
nking:
Yep card readers have firmware.. some of which is upgradeable, you would have to just check the support site of your card reader manufacturer.

Back