Seagulls

Name
Spike
Edit My Images
Yes
Sitting eating my lunch today and got bobbed by seagulls wanting a piece of my food

It will fit
IMG_8146seagull1.jpg

IMG_8196seagull3.jpg

IMG_8172seagull2.jpg

Thanks for looking, and any C&C is welcomed

spike

Interested to hear how you think these went Spike. Looking at them now, do you think that there are some bits you could do better? Anything that you specifically like about them?

I ask as I feel that the ability to be self critical is an invaluable way to look at your pics.

Hi Sara

These where taken from the drivers seat of my pick up as I was eating lunch, and was feeding the birds when I remembered I had my camera on the backseat.
So with out being at their level and really not composed in any sort of manner except to keep the wing mirrow out of the field of vision I think they came out quite well.
I was trying to remember all that I have read on here, keep space to one side, focus on the eye, try to get eye contact, rule of thirds etc etc and try to capture some birds feading or waiting to be fed. Not easy for a bigginer.
I am still really getting to know my camera and how to take pictures NOT just snap shots.
All in all I can say I am happy with these, but I am sure they can be improved on, given better light, conditions, and not sitting in the drivers seat of my pick up.

Thanks

Spike

Thanks for the additional info Spike - Really helpful to know all of this in order to try to give more meaningful crit (y)

1) This is a little over exposed, the whites have lost all of the feather detail. Also a shame that the tail end is missing as there is some nice eating going on and seeing the tongue is a real bonus.

2) This one looks a little soft, which is a shame as you have a nice drop on the beak.

3) For me this is the pick of the bunch. It's got nice focus on the eye and the composition works well.

Whites are all over exposed on these though. You could activate the highlight alert in your camera, so that once you have taken the shot, you can see blown highlights flashing - This would let you know to decrease the exposure a little. Keep looking until you have very few 'blinkies' and that should sort out those highlights.

Hope that helps and thanks for the additional info - Really useful (y) The drivers seat of your pick up is a great place to start - Do you have a beanbag? Good to get the ones that will sit over a car window as well as give you some additional support.

Thanks Sara

To be fair i cut off the tail in the 1st as there was another bird in the shot but only half of it, Gulls eat too quick to get the exact shot.

Will look into that highlight alert as I do find whenever I try to shoot something white it always gets over exposed.

Thanks again Sara

spike

Back