Sean Archer's processing style...

Name
Dean
Edit My Images
Yes
Sean Archer (aka Stanislav Puchkovsky) - I love his processing style. I'd like to get an insight as to how he processes his images and thought I'd ask you good people here :)

Here is a link to his 500px - https://500px.com/SeanArcher

And my attempt done using fluorescent lighting and basic Lightroom adjustments...View attachment 28393

Doesnt look like anything different to me, just standard beauty editing/toning.

The secret is having great light in the first place.

Lots of different images but clearly only one editing style which is what I'm interested in learning :)

He used window light from his home studio in his loft for a majority of his images. My preference right now is fluorescent lighting which reproduces this nicely.

I'd love it to be as simple as you say however he charges a crazy amount of money for tuition with regards to his processing style so I can't help but think there's just a little bit more to it!

Anyone else care to elaborate or perhaps have a linky to a tutorial?

Thanks for your help so far :)

That's how I know how much he charges for his workshops!

First thing I noticed right away is how much warmer his images are compared to your edit. Might try warming things up a tad? Just a suggestion...

This used to be such a helpful group :-(

;-)
We try to be a VERY helpful group but unfortunately what you're really asking about is the difference between an amateur and a professional photographer.

And there is no simple answer to that.

However having looked at your photos on Flickr you seem to be doing fine as regards photographing women, in fact many of your shots are quite close to his.

But as doublemint76 says the main difference is in the toning and editing with his shots warmer than the one you have posted on here.

In fact he states that on some of his photos:

"I did post-processing here today with Roberta from London, during my online workshop."

So the "secret" is in the PP he does, which frankly can be easily learned without spending a massive amount - and, having looked at your pics, you could also easily learn.

It was a tongue in cheek comment :) I know how helpful this place is :)

The secret is most definitely his processing style. He offers online personal tutorials but they're crazy expensive!

Little bit embarrassed to say that I haven't updated my flickr in years. It's most definitely not a reflection of my current work which can be found on https://purpleport.com/portfolio/diphotography

Thanks for the advice regards warming up the images. I'll give it a go.

Any further advice.

Dean

Only spent 5 mins on it, got to here obv starting with the raw would have been better and d & b was done very bad on track pad in 30 secs flat but with more work along these line sure you could get there

Last edited:
I see several different looks there, or do his black and whites look the same as the colour to you? ;)
Some of the images have been warmed up but it looks like he's altered the curves to get a faint crossed process look in some as well. The girl in the black bikini about a third of the way down for example (next to the house) has totally different colours to the shot of the same girl pulling her jumber up a few pics to the right, both the skin tones and background colour are different.

Back