Second attempt at portraits

Name
Chris
Edit My Images
Yes
Using my own children this time, 400D, Pro-Line Apollo 180/180 flash kit and i think it was my Sigma 18-200 OS DC

_MG_3902edit.jpg

_MG_3949edit.jpg

these ended up being gifts for all of my family this Christmas.

C&C more than welcomed(y)

hi mate do you recall where you focused on these as on the 1st the button on his shoulder looks sharper than the eyes...

always a good idea if possible to focus on the eyes ...

as said already a few tweaks would bring these out very nicely..

i like the pose in the 2nd.

md(y)

i have always tried to focus on the eyes when i shoot people, however the only people i shoot on a regular occation are my boy's (their too young to complain lol), and they NEVER stop moving lol.

Just checked the metadata, i did shoot these with my sigma 18-200, at f6.3 and 9 respectively, which admittedly is probably too wide. my autofocus is set to the centre point and i try to focus then re-compose.

back to the old school report card comments: must try harder lol

i have always tried to focus on the eyes when i shoot people, however the only people i shoot on a regular occation are my boy's (their too young to complain lol), and they NEVER stop moving lol.

Just checked the metadata, i did shoot these with my sigma 18-200, at f6.3 and 9 respectively, which admittedly is probably too wide. my autofocus is set to the centre point and i try to focus then re-compose.

back to the old school report card comments: must try harder lol

Out of interest, why do you think f9 is too wide? Should get all the Depth of Field you need at that aperture, I tend to use f8 for these portraits.

as the focal length on that shot was 63mm, i've always been told to aim for around f11 to ensure a deep enough DoF to get the 'model' in focus.

in saying that it probably just come down to my focus technique for fast moving toddlers lol

Back