Second Challenge for the days ahead - WINNER announced

Yv

TPer Emerita
Name
Yvonne, pronounced Eve...
Edit My Images
Yes
So, here is your new challenge for next week or so fellow TPer's.

PROVERBS

Stop looking so shocked over there in the corner :nono:

The idea is to photograph something that represents a well known proverb, such as 'a stitch in time saves nine' and hundreds of others. A google search will find whole listings of these things for you that you can perhaps use as a starting point for inspiration. Please include in your post the photograph and write the proverb you have chosen, just in case any lateral thinking causes some confusion.

I can't take credit for this idea, many years ago, way back in the days of fiilm, when I was at college doing a C&G module in photography, someone chose this as the theme for their portfolio, and I have meant to use it for something ever since and suddenly, I can. :D

So I shall give you a few days to come up with ideas and get the shots, can you please start posting your pics in this thread starting THURSDAY 15th JAN @ 8PM - entries will close on Sunday 18th, also at 8pm. As previously, good editing is more then acceptable, but try and keep them within the realms of reality if possible.

Good Luck everyone, thinking caps on! :woot:

So not Zoo Animals then. :(

You really are a cruel woman Yvonne. Still, we must rise to the challenge! (y)

So not Zoo Animals then. :(

You really are a cruel woman Yvonne. Still, we must rise to the challenge! (y)

Or if someone takes up the option of over shooting the car park in to the Wolfs...

A friend in need is a friend indeed

:D :D

Jesus ****ing christ!!! :D

Just because that is well used expression, it is not a proverb :nono:

:LOL: well you wanted a challenge, you got one.... ;)

edit: and if you doubt you can do this one, let me quote a famous one for you - A picture paints a thousand words - and the talents on TP can rise to this proverb, of that I am absolutely certain

That is a challenge and a half.........mmmmmm, not sure if I want to join inthis one...

Sound like a good one Yv... I bags "The **** has really hit the fan........" I am covering my front room with polythene right now......

(Where did I see that cow this morning.....)

Actually - scrap that - I have just had the best idea ever - Dan doesn't seem so enthused about it though....,..:thinking::LOL:

Sound like a good one Yv... I bags "The **** has really hit the fan........" I am covering my front room with polythene right now......

(Where did I see that cow this morning.....)

:LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL: Trust you

Could not help it.....

Least I am not blinding people and cutting an eye out just so I can do

"In a blind world the one eyed man is King...."

:shake::LOL:

Really got to get Dan drunk so he gets on board with my idea.....how long do we have, might have to get the supplies in :D

The one that springs to mind is "Man with hand in pocket feels cocky all day". Not quite sure how I'd put it in a photo though. :D

The one that springs to mind is "Man with hand in pocket feels cocky all day". Not quite sure how I'd put it in a photo though. :D

Closely followed by: " Leave it alone and it will grow on its own" :LOL:

Oh boy, that's an interesting one...

Here ya go guys. This might help a bit :D

:LOL: you guys crack me up! ....Kel, do I take it you need Dans help in the photo? Dont worry, you have till next sunday, should be plenty of time to get him so bladdered he wont notice :D

Hmmmmm, he's still not quite on board but he will be :LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

You cannot begin to imagine how much I am looking forward to seeing these. I know its not an 'obvious' theme, but I am hoping people will use it to really think about a new shot rather than just posting an old one that 'fits'. There is nothing wrong with doing that, but the point of all the challenges and competitions on TP is to push you out of your comfort zone [or even push you further within it] and tackle something you haven't done before and therefore improve your skills. I have never yet known TPer's to not rise to the occasion and I hope this will be the same :woot:

Getting the hump with this now. All my pics are coming out crap and look like a complete amateur, I have no idea what settings I should be using and the room I'm using is too small. Going to give it one last go later, if not we're giving up til next Saturday!!! :LOL:

I've decided which proverb I'm going to go for, but I can't for the life of me work out how to implement it.... :thinking:

We're on the wine now - have officially given up and too dark to do anything now. Going to try again next weekend

Very good and clever challenge though, I am really moving out of my comfort zone with this

Done mine, have some ideas for others, can we do more than one?

Got mine done to, not sure I want to try another one :D, but I suspect I will do some more anyway when I've worked out a couple to do and how... It's certainly an inventiveness challenge.

Blood is thicker than water!

Bloodwater.jpg

good start, really good.

:agree: superb. Here's a couple of offerings, I don't have suitable lighting, so these are shot with any available light.

This took a little thought. Shot with the Raynox to get in close.

Variety is the Spice of Life
IMG_0859.jpg

This is the first image I planned out in advance in detail in my head prior to trying to set things up. It worked really well, I setup shot and cleared away again in under 5 minutes.

The Pen is Mightier than the Sword
IMG_0829-1.jpg

Back