Second hand lenses?

Thanks for that, if I can get one at the right price it is definitely on my list.
I'd also agree with @johnf3f comments on the 100mm macro. (y)

but people actually thought you were doing it is still funny
Of course I was, how else do you get sand out?
:D
Did you click the "sensor link" in the opening post?
;)

You certainly save yourself a few bob buying second hand. Most of mine are second hand, bought from reputable, well known online camera shops. All came with a warranty & I paid for them with my credit card, to get cover if anything went wrong, which it didn't.

Secondhand lenses are generally easier to detect problems with than secondhand cameras. I've bought at least 15 or so. Some eBay sellers aren't very good at noticing small amounts of fungus, but we've generally been able to work things out satisfactorily, given the fairly small amounts of money involved. If a lens gives pictures that you like when it's on your camera, there's generally not too much more to worry about.

ALL my lenses were used as I couldn't afford new, but now I am in a better financial state so can afford new, but I still prefer the savings of a used lens but only if bought from this very forum or from ebay where I can raise concerns if the worst was to happen and "touch wood" I have never had any issues, if buying off the bay, just make sure the seller has good feedback and been on for a while and you will be ok.

Thanks for that, if I can get one at the right price it is definitely on my list.

They are as cheap as chips these days. just find a decent looking one, try it out, pay the pennies and be happy!

Purchased many a lens from wex photo.

Anything with a rating above 9+ is usually mint. Nothing beats braking the seal on a new lens box.

They are as cheap as chips these days. just find a decent looking one, try it out, pay the pennies and be happy!

I dunno, a bag of chips is only €2.50, and I'm on a diet :p

Trouble is finding one I can test, more likely I'll be buying online. It's not the only lens I'm considering otherwise I'd have it already.

I am on a "See Food" diet - but it's not working.

Don't know where you live but they are fairly cheap here (UK) and mine is looking to get more use in a new home. If you are not far from South Wales (Bridgend area) and want to try it out, no commitment, then PM me.

Back