Second macro shots - Wristwatch, again !

Edit My Images
No
Hi guys, I had my first go at some macro stuff the other day with some reasonable results however they were all done in full auto mode. Well I've had another go, this time in full manual mode. All images are untouched by any software.

Would appreciate any comments

1-2.jpg

2-2.jpg

3-2.jpg

4-2.jpg

These are far far better than the other shots......IMO (y)

I'm surprised you've got the time to take all these though! :LOL:

Nice sharp shots with a perfect DOF for me.

Something you should know is that these watches are either not being made anymore or will stop being made shortly ( my dad is a dealer and can't quite remember what he said ) but that means they will be going up in value.

Lovely set of photos, and agree with swag72 they wouldn't look out of place in a Rolex advert. No.1 is my fav.

Excellent, especially the last one, always liked the Sub date, the only thing (dons his watch nerd hat) it should be set at 10.10 and 31 seconds :geek:

I own one of these and a daytona, unfortnately the sub bezel and ss/bracelet has broken as it couple years old and had everyday use. Dnt know they were stopping production *** have to get some idea of value once new bracelet/bezel. Great shots BTW.

Mmm I dont think Rolex are stopping production of the the Submariner model. I know the Sea-dweller has been replaced with the Deepsea model

I just need to buy another nice watch to take some more photo's of :)

My first post but just my Tuppence worth, I use a polorising filter when photographing my Breitling. It has a blue non-reflective coating but it still cuts out most of the reflection.

My first post but just my Tuppence worth, I use a polorising filter when photographing my Breitling. It has a blue non-reflective coating but it still cuts out most of the reflection.

Thanks Bruin, someone else recommended that too. That reminds I must put a post in the wanted section :wacky:

These are great shots.... I can see a tiny bit of dirt on your lens/sensor though

Yes I noticed that. Sensor now all cleaned. I would edit them in Photoshop if I knew how to use it ! :thinking:

What was the lighting setup? Nice shots, good compositions and technically good in general. Just the light reflection on the glass and the dust bunny that I'd say needed sorting. You could use some kind of gobo to block the light from reflecting on the watch glass.

What was the lighting setup? Nice shots, good compositions and technically good in general. Just the light reflection on the glass and the dust bunny that I'd say needed sorting. You could use some kind of gobo to block the light from reflecting on the watch glass.

Lighting was just a camera mounted SB-600 and using a white light tent. I'm looking for a polorising filter for the reflection and the sensor has been cleaned so should get some better results next time.

Sorry, but whats a gobo ? :help:

A polariser will help cut down the reflection but it won't remove it completely.

A Gobo is just what you call something that you use to block light from hitting part of the subject. Could be anything, like a piece of black card or even material.

In this case you could use a piece of card cut to size. As your using a light tent it will be a part of the light tent that you can see reflected in the watch glass. Figure out which part of the light tent is being reflected and then tape a piece of black card to the inside of that part of the light tent. Voila, no more reflection.

A polariser will help cut down the reflection but it won't remove it completely.

A Gobo is just what you call something that you use to block light from hitting part of the subject. Could be anything, like a piece of black card or even material.

In this case you could use a piece of card cut to size. As your using a light tent it will be a part of the light tent that you can see reflected in the watch glass. Figure out which part of the light tent is being reflected and then tape a piece of black card to the inside of that part of the light tent. Voila, no more reflection.

Cheers Mark ;) The only gobo i've used before is sand and cement :LOL:

Great shots. Would make great advertising pic`s. Is it me or dose your sensor need a clean.

Back