Beginner Second time trying Newcastle at night

• Thread starter Deleted member 84384
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 84384

Trying to apply some of what @mickledore , @Mr Perceptive and @Andrew Moore tried to teach me in Salford the other week and armed with Christmas present to myself tripod I wandered about Newcastle for an hour last night.

Things are a bit better I think but still plenty wrong I'm sure.

20170101_164740 by MossCommuter, on Flickr

And the whole album here.

Revelation: doesn't the moon move a long way in 25 seconds?

Well done that man. Makes a difference doesn't it?
I think I would have removed the post on RH side, but otherwise well done.

Indeed it does. That's another lesson you've learned!
Thanks. Funny, I left the post in because I liked the caption "sweet selfie spot" but point taken, thanks

There's a dozen more in the album if you have the time :)

Thanks. Funny, I left the post in because I liked the caption "sweet selfie spot" but point taken, thanks

There's a dozen more in the album if you have the time :)
I wouldn't know what to do with a sweet selfie spot!
I've looked at your album. You are going to have to organise a meet up there.

I wouldn't know what to do with a sweet selfie spot!
I've looked at your album. You are going to have to organise a meet up there.
I'm on holiday when I go but if someone did organise a weekend walk then I'd try my best to be there!

A very nice shot though I'm not sure the bridge is an asset here given the rich visual material in the lower half.
Interesting point. Newcastle and bridges are synonymous so it hardly ever occurs to take a photo in Newcastle without a bridge in! I should have tried on the bridge but with pedestrians it wobbles so I'd not get the long exposure that I was practising.

I think they are brilliant photos Mossy [emoji3] I'm only a beginner but I'd be chuffed to bits if I got anything half as good as those! Love the whole album.

Trying to apply some of what @mickledore , @Mr Perceptive and @Andrew Moore tried to teach me in Salford the other week and armed with Christmas present to myself tripod I wandered about Newcastle for an hour last night.

Things are a bit better I think but still plenty wrong I'm sure.

20170101_164740 by MossCommuter, on Flickr

And the whole album here.

Revelation: doesn't the moon move a long way in 25 seconds?

Very nice shot - I'd have possibly reframed to get a bit more Tyne Bridge as it looks a bit accidental. Only lights that are badly blown are the HMS Calliope "Royal Navy" ones.

Interesting point. Newcastle and bridges are synonymous so it hardly ever occurs to take a photo in Newcastle without a bridge in! I should have tried on the bridge but with pedestrians it wobbles so I'd not get the long exposure that I was practising.

There's always the New Castle to shoot - or if you're in the area for a few days try out Embleton and the coast or Hadrian's Wall.

Very nice shot - I'd have possibly reframed to get a bit more Tyne Bridge as it looks a bit accidental. Only lights that are badly blown are the HMS Calliope "Royal Navy" ones.

There's always the New Castle to shoot - or if you're in the area for a few days try out Embleton and the coast or Hadrian's Wall.
Thanks. The castle would be a good spot but I was trying to hone the new found long exposure over water skills.

Unfortunately, the Tyne bridge is a bit accidental :confused:

There's not a lot cropped out, lol

im hopefully having a trip along this week to try some night photography with a friend, if i can get anything 1/4 as good as that i would be ecstatic.

Back