Second video - thoughts please?

Image quality is spot on, some of the scene setting shots were held too long or of limited value.
Having said that in ten years time it will seem a fascinating short video, as the youngsters become middle aged and some of the older generation can't make it anymore..

Image quality is spot on, some of the scene setting shots were held too long or of limited value.
Having said that in ten years time it will seem a fascinating short video, as the youngsters become middle aged and some of the older generation can't make it anymore..

Thank you, I did wonder with my other video whether the scene shots were too long. Is there any rough rule/time to how long they should be? Possibly 5 sec each or something?

Yep shots are definitely too long - but the footage is largely nice (apart from a couple of jerky pans) as a current record of the club I like it

Couple of points - that font is horrible (IMO) and you shouldn't be using copyrighted music without permission - there's quite a lot of reasonable copyright free music available

I have absolutely no interest in football at all, but it did more or less hold my interest for the duration. as already said some shots were too long, and some could quite easily have been omitted all together. People need to be briefed as to how to behave in front of camera, the bar sequence could have used another shot of a couple or group of people actually downing a pint. Overall though good effort for an early attempt at film making

Yep shots are definitely too long - but the footage is largely nice (apart from a couple of jerky pans) as a current record of the club I like it

Couple of points - that font is horrible (IMO) and you shouldn't be using copyrighted music without permission - there's quite a lot of reasonable copyright free music available

Thanks for the pointers. I'll try to keep under 5 secs per shot, perhaps, unless something is happening. As for the music - my friend said you can use pop/chart music but you get a claim on Youtube (you find out when they've been uploaded). Both times, at upload, they've said you can use them but the video can't be monetized on Youtube. Those terms are fine for me!

With regards to the font - not a lot of thought went into it. Is there a standard font that is usually used? Cheers (y)

I have absolutely no interest in football at all, but it did more or less hold my interest for the duration. as already said some shots were too long, and some could quite easily have been omitted all together. People need to be briefed as to how to behave in front of camera, the bar sequence could have used another shot of a couple or group of people actually downing a pint. Overall though good effort for an early attempt at film making

Thank you for comments. That's a good idea regarding an additional bar shot. This film can always be added to and will allow me to keep practising my editing (y)

As a ex footballer i had some intrest in the footage ....
Still learning myself so cant comment to much on the footage but it looked nice and clean

Nice video, if I was being picky:

The speed of the cuts didn't match the pace of the music.
If you're making a music video, then the image should cut on the beat otherwise it's jarring for the audience.
There's a colour shift - the sky changes colour between shots and there's a red sign that changes hue as you cut between 2 angles.

Not too keen on music in videos, I like hearing all the hustle and bustle of the action.

The image quality is really excellent.
For the timelapse sequence (very short in the first part), you should use ND filter, so that you can use a slower shutter speed, get some motion blur and make it look much smoother. I believe you are taking an image per second, in which case the best SS is 1/2 second.
The light is often very harsh with shadows too strong. Filming in late afternoon would give much better results.
Some panning are not smooth. It is not easy, takes some practice, much easier with a fluid head. Panning should not be too long (no more than 45 degrees) and WARP stabilizer should always be used in post production.
And if there is music, the edit should be on the beat.
Otherwise the content is very lively and interesting

The image quality is really excellent.
For the timelapse sequence (very short in the first part), you should use ND filter, so that you can use a slower shutter speed, get some motion blur and make it look much smoother. I believe you are taking an image per second, in which case the best SS is 1/2 second.
The light is often very harsh with shadows too strong. Filming in late afternoon would give much better results.
Some panning are not smooth. It is not easy, takes some practice, much easier with a fluid head. Panning should not be too long (no more than 45 degrees) and WARP stabilizer should always be used in post production.
And if there is music, the edit should be on the beat.
Otherwise the content is very lively and interesting

Thank you for taking the time to comment, Vic.

Excellent critique that I will take on board.

With regards to the timelapse - I used my GoPro Hero 4 Silver with a photo every 1/2 sec. I was originally going to do something different with the timelapse but incorporated it into this video at the last minute.

The light was very strong and harsh, it was before a 3pm kick-off, so would've been taken when the sun was at its strongest. Will get hold of some evening footage at some point too, I think.

I'll also look into editing with the beat. Being tone deaf though, I might struggle a bit! Or make it a lot worse than it already is :D

Thanks for the tips (y)

Can you get ND filter for a GoPro? I use the built in ones on my AX100.

Thank you for taking the time to comment, Vic.

Excellent critique that I will take on board.

With regards to the timelapse - I used my GoPro Hero 4 Silver with a photo every 1/2 sec. I was originally going to do something different with the timelapse but incorporated it into this video at the last minute.

The light was very strong and harsh, it was before a 3pm kick-off, so would've been taken when the sun was at its strongest. Will get hold of some evening footage at some point too, I think.

I'll also look into editing with the beat. Being tone deaf though, I might struggle a bit! Or make it a lot worse than it already is :D

Thanks for the tips (y)

Can you get ND filter for a GoPro? I use the built in ones on my AX100.
Yes, apparently there are ND fiters made by Polar Pro, a pretty good brand
https://www.wexphotovideo.com/polar...MI6eSu08qC2gIVwbvtCh3iWQc4EAQYAiABEgLLivD_BwE

Back