Selling old i Phones

Name
Linda
Edit My Images
No
My wife has previous iPhone upgrades doing nothing in a drawer. What is the best way to safely sell them on [assuming there is a market for them]?

Reset them then sell them on eBay or Facebook marketplace.
Or sell them on here. Depending on what iPhone they are you could also take them into Cex, they would check and give be you a price.

My wife has previous iPhone upgrades doing nothing in a drawer. What is the best way to safely sell them on [assuming there is a market for them]?

They have other uses besides as phones so even quite old ones may sell.

OK. Will check how to make sure we have removed all our information from them on line first. Thanks

Ah ok - I understand. I was imagining something that meant Apple had it back - and they charge for absolutely everything... thanks.

You just need to reset then and remove them from find my iPhone and that should be it

Do you know what iPhones they are? May be some videos on YT that may help.

Perhaps remove from find my phone first and turn it off on the phone you are resetting — which I think you have to do anyway. Very simple process.

What do you mean by that?

kev has already provided more information. For once Apple do not charge do this, it is in the settings.

It used to be the case that you would get a better price if the phone was not locked to a network.

kev has already provided more information. For once Apple do not charge do this, it is in the settings.

It used to be the case that you would get a better price if the phone was not locked to a network.
Ah ok. I think they are next on the list out of the attic. Appreciate the help all those who chipped in.

And just to be clear, although it’s under Settings/General/Reset, and people usually just say “Reset“ or “Erase“ it’s actually called “Erase All Content and Setings”!

Back