Selling

Name
Luca
Edit My Images
Yes
I don’t know if this is in the right place to post this but I’m just looking for people’s thoughts.
I have a Canon 7D (mk 1), canon 50mm 1.4 (usm), sigma 50mm 2.8 macro ex, canon 70-200L (usm) that I’m looking to sell. Just wondering what people think I’ll get for it?
Idea being to raise money to get either one of the Fujifilm X-T20/30/3 body only and a 16-55mm xf lens. (I’m aware fujifilm has a cash back offer).

you have posted in the wrong section, needs to be in Classifieds / Price Checks.

As I'm currently on the lookout for for a 70-200 (MKII IS), I've been tracking prices on eBay over the last month or so.

Assuming yours is a MK1 IS version, then the five I've seen sell have gone for an average of £671 at auction. (620, 650, 739, 698, 650).

If it's a MK2, then the average auction price has been £862 over 16 lenses.

Obviously, a lot will depend on condition, but all the ones I've been tracking have been ones I would have considered buying, some were mint, some had cosmetic damage, but all were described as optically perfect.

HTH.

If it's a MK2, then the average auction price has been £862 over 16 lenses.

Unbelievable :( I paid just under 1800 quid for mine when it first came out.. its a stunning lens...

Idea being to raise money to get either one of the Fujifilm X-T20/30/3 body only and a 16-55mm xf lens. (I’m aware fujifilm has a cash back offer).

Don‘t forget that Fujifilm often, well pretty much all the time, have trade-in bonuses for people moving other cameras on. I did pretty well out of it when I traded my Nikon gear in for an XT2 and a couple of lenses. It may work out better for you to trade rather than sell for cash.

Edit. Seems to be just cashback at the minute but I’m sure the trade-in deals will reappear soon enough.

Last edited:
Jessops are doing trade in at moment, however they said I might be better trading my 7D and 70-200 for the canon RP and EF adaptor.
I’m now not sure what to do

Back