Setting up on my website to sell pictures !!

Name
Andy
Edit My Images
Yes
HEy to all !!

Just wanted to ask your help with regards to setting up a system which lets you buy the photos and keyrings from the website that im getting my friend no build up for me :)

Greatfull for all the feedback :bonk:

You're going to have to give us a clue what the site already looks like, how's it's being built and what kind of ehlp you need. Does the friend that's building your website not know anything about setting up sales on there?

Does your website already exist for us to have a look at?

Look at zenfolio, were easy to setup and get started and allows you to take card and paypal payments.

Buy i agree more info would be useful...!

i use a combo of fotki cobranded gallery and a paypal cart that the user has to enter the image number into the text box. paypal skim a couple of % off the transaction for the privilidge.

I use the image file.You can try for free 30 days at www.theimagefile.com they will manage the sales for you.

so are you trying to setup a e commerce website to sell your own photos or ???? just wanting to allow people to use a basket system on your website so they can order items... ie like Google checkout or paypal basket type thing?

I want them to be able to come on the site and check out there picture that will be watermarked, if they want the picture or a keyring from the night the can click on somthin that will allow them to buy the picture or keyfing that will be sent to them !!

I want them to be able to come on the site and check out there picture that will be watermarked, if they want the picture or a keyring from the night the can click on somthin that will allow them to buy the picture or keyfing that will be sent to them !!

pretty much what i did using paypal (minus the keyrings lol)

Hi Andy

I have found photium really good.

Easy to set up, upload photos and really flexable so can sell photos or other items. It uses paypal, credit card or if customers prefer a cheque option, also found the customer care really good, ansers back within 30 mins usually.

Free 30 day trial and then from £7 a month

My website is www.ffimages.co.uk

Photium is: http://www.photium.com/

Hope this helps

Dean

i think its going to depend whether youre expecting to get certain amount of sales per month to justify a monthly cost. i couldnt predict how many sales i would do so went for the % per transaction route instead.

Gallery2, it's free and has a Paypal/credit card plugin

Back