1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. It is with deepest regret that we announce the passing of one of our long-standing members, Gary Coyle.
    Many visitors will recognise both his work as a sports photographer, and his name as a prominent community member. He registered with Talk Photography back in 2006, not long after the start of the site and has been a regular contributor since.

It goes without saying that Gary will be sorely missed by many members, and his passing is a huge loss to the photography community.

Our thoughts are with his family at this time.

Funeral details :
    Dewsbury Crematorium
    Tuesday 13th September 2016 at 2pm.
    Afterwards at Batley IDLC (Batley Nash).
    All welcome.

There is also a discussion thread here if anyone wishes to add their own thoughts.

The Mod Team

Dismiss Notice
  1. Jelster

Jelster

Name:
    Steve
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    May seem like a silly question, but with both my 40D & 50D I would always use centre point focus, focus on my subject, recompose if required and then shoot.

What I wondered was, would it be easier/faster to utilise the "focus zones" on the 7D ? Also, are there any other settings I need to look at ?

I haven't really had a chance to use it anger yet, only in my studio, so would welcome some feedback before the trip to Skomer this weekend.

Thanks,
    Steve

2. Dave450

Dave450

Name:
    Dave
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    This is a good site for canon 7d info go to his blog page tends to agree mostly with what i have found

3. Trev4

Trev4

Name:
    Trev
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    A few very useful tips and advice are on these threads:

Link 1

Link 2

Link 3

Hope this helps you.