Severn Bridge

R

RobbieW

Hi

This is another I did at the weekend, this is one of those moments just before the storm...

I quite like the light on the bridge, against the stormy sky, not sure whether to tweek the curves on the shore line to try and bring out some more detail or whetehr to leave it as quite a moody pic.

Comments are welcome,

2004261320_71a99cca81_o.jpg

Rob

That is nice Rob (y) I love the light that's hitting the bridge and the way it makes it stand out from the dark surroundings. Personally I'd be tempted to go to work on the sky, there's so much detail to bring out there. Have you thought of trying some HDR on it? ;)

Great shot mate. Is it the 1st or 2nd crossing? I don't live too far from the bridges, might have a go at a shot of them myself... wondering why I haven't already!?

I think its the 2nd one, its the one at Severn Beach that the M4 goes over, rather than the M48 one, I was talking to another tog there who said you can get fantastic ones of the other one as the light bounces of the towers, guess its all down to luck and timing.

Thanks for your comments,

I like the way the bridge leads your eye and light you've got there(y)
You could maybe crop a bit off the foreground if you don't mind changing the aspect ratio.:)

I think its the 2nd one, its the one at Severn Beach that the M4 goes over, rather than the M48 one, I was talking to another tog there who said you can get fantastic ones of the other one as the light bounces of the towers, guess its all down to luck and timing.

Thanks for your comments,

The other tog was right :) (I'll be there one day next week) I like this, although would be tempted to bring out some more detail, or a nice deep contrasty mono ..

I lived in Cardiff for five years and not once did I get round to getting some photos! "Oh, there'll be next time," I kept thinking!

Great shot by the way! :)

That is nice Rob (y) I love the light that's hitting the bridge and the way it makes it stand out from the dark surroundings. Personally I'd be tempted to go to work on the sky, there's so much detail to bring out there. Have you thought of trying some HDR on it? ;)

Even a contrast mask would bring out that sky really well and make more of the forrground if you wanted it. Excellent capture. (y)

Back