weekly Sgavenge's 52 Week 1 Line Photo Added

Name
Gav
Edit My Images
Yes
This is my first attempt with adding a photo to the forum so please forgive me if I've not done it correctly.
Thanks to my friend Bobby Gold for pointing me to this challenge. Looks like good fun and a good excuse to get out with the camera.
This is an image I took in Gibraltar on the run way. Probably the only commercial runway in Europe that the public can walk over.
Taken using Hipstamatic App on the iPhone 4
11935722296_b0c5835ae9.jpg

Last edited:
Hope I added the image properly. It's all rather challenging to start with. Are there any help guides for posting images and links etc?

Last edited:
:wave: Gav, certainly on theme, could do with a bit of cw rotation to straighten it up :)

Hello Gav, welcome and well done on adding the image properly (it took me several tries the first time I did it!).

It's well on theme, I agree that it needs a slight clockwise rotation. The processing fits the image very well - though I don't quite understand the "AUG 82" title.

Good luck with the rest of the challenge!

Good shot, sir! I'm surprised we don't see more iPhone pics in the challenge. I usually have my phone with me, whereas I have to make an effort to take the DSLR out.

Good luck with your challenge. I'm sure it will help you with your photography.

:wave: Gav, certainly on theme, could do with a bit of cw rotation to straighten it up :)
Many thanks. I used the "Hipstagram" App on my phone for this one so it applies the effect in camera so to speak. Unfortunately you don't have the opportunity to edit once the photo is taken. A bit like old film photography. Frustrating sometimes but can be fun. Worth a try if you have an iPhone or Android. Cheers

Hello Gav, welcome and well done on adding the image properly (it took me several tries the first time I did it!).

It's well on theme, I agree that it needs a slight clockwise rotation. The processing fits the image very well - though I don't quite understand the "AUG 82" title.

Good luck with the rest of the challenge!
Hi there. The AUG82 comes from the "Film" type used in the Hipstamatic App. You get to choose the Lens and Film before you take the shot and the effects are applied to the image before you see it. Sadly you can't post edit really if there's a border applied for example. Good fun but it's always a bit of a lottery how it turns out. Cheers

Good shot, sir! I'm surprised we don't see more iPhone pics in the challenge. I usually have my phone with me, whereas I have to make an effort to take the DSLR out.

Good luck with your challenge. I'm sure it will help you with your photography.
many thanks and I'm really happy to have such kind comments already. iPhone has a surprisingly good camera although I do love to use the DSLR I seldom have it with me when something unusual catches my eye ;)

Nice shot I like the B&W. Hope to see more from you (y)
Many thanks. I'm really into monochrome photos at the moment. Probably goes back to my teenage years processing in the darkroom (bedroom blacked out). Cheers

That's a cracker. Really. The perspective, processing and border appeal to em.

Cracking start.

Cheers.
Hi Andy. Most kind. I'm hoping to be able to add some more adventurous stuff in the coming months. It's going to be difficult with my work travel but I really want to have some inspiration to start taking the EOS out and shooting something. Need to get some practice in Photoshop too so it's going to be great fun. Cheers

I think the in-phone selection of processing/frame suits the image nicely.
Hi Peter, many thanks. Some of the film selections are great in Hipstamatic. I don't use it that often but it kind of feels a bit like using the old film camera in a way. I rather like it when I'm feeling a bit low on creativity to make me think a little different to normal. Like you say, the frame seems to set it off well. Just a shame I got the horizon off slightly.

Hey Gav, glad to see that you made it here! Great start to the challenge, strong image and I like the processing. As others have already mentioned, it needs a slight CW tweak but other than that spot on. I must have missed this in your Instagram feed!

Hey Gav, glad to see that you made it here! Great start to the challenge, strong image and I like the processing. As others have already mentioned, it needs a slight CW tweak but other than that spot on. I must have missed this in your Instagram feed!
Cheers mate. Its been hard to get out with the camera in daylight this week. Maybe this weekend if the weather permits although the rain might open up some puddle reflection opportunities I guess ;-)
If you see someone roaming the streets and kneeling on wet ground then it will be me or the Hamtagger :))

Hi Gav

a great shot to start your project....like everything about it , the framing , mono, low POV (y)...& to say it's taken on a phone is also pretty darn impressive ....think I might get rid of my dslr if that's the quality a phone can do :)

Hi
Hi Gav

a great shot to start your project....like everything about it , the framing , mono, low POV (y)...& to say it's taken on a phone is also pretty darn impressive ....think I might get rid of my dslr if that's the quality a phone can do :)
Lynne and many thanks for your words of encouragement. I find myself using the iPhone quite a lot for taking and editing photos, always amazed with the quality in good light. In poor light it's a different story and that's where the DSLR comes into its own really. Also if you try to blur the background using DOF on the phone then it's never easily controlled, guess it too wide angle to be fair. Nice to have a decent little camera available in the pocket though. Hold onto your DSLR but see what the phone can do and I think you'll be suprised. Gav

Back