weekly Beckyboy's 52 for 2014 - Week 12 Linked added

Hi Michael & welcome aboard .....life has a habit of getting in the way of photography but don't fret it , catch up as & when you can....look forward to seeing your images (y)

Odd indeed. Nice composition and bright link.

My eye is drawn to the slight line on the all near the the top LH corner of the CD.

Good start.

Very nice odd picture nice and bright and the composition is good.

Hi Michael & welcome :wave:

Good start , nice n sharp , great colors .......a little pick is the BG ( though I know how difficult they can be ! )......maybe a large sheet of paper to create an infinity curve might work to lose the darker area rhs ?

Great start & I look forward to seeing more from you (y)

Odd indeed. Nice composition and bright link.

My eye is drawn to the slight line on the all near the the top LH corner of the CD.

Thanks. There is a flaw in the wall and I didn't have time to re-plaster and paint ;) Seriously yes I did try and edit it out but it looked worse so it had to stay. (Editing skill not up to much I'm afraid)

Hi Michael & welcome :wave:

Good start , nice n sharp , great colors .......a little pick is the BG ( though I know how difficult they can be ! )......maybe a large sheet of paper to create an infinity curve might work to lose the darker area rhs ?

Great start & I look forward to seeing more from you (y)

Thanks. I agree about the background I do need to go and get some background materials etc

Very nice odd picture nice and bright and the composition is good.
Nice picture, bang on theme, and I like the colours too!
Good take on the theme. Really like the colours.
A nice idea for odd, well lit and nice and bright - Welcome to the 52 Michael (y)

Thank you for all your comments :)

two good pictures that fit the themes well, good start :)
Thank you :)
Like your take on the line theme nice and sharp focus and good composition.
I really like your choice for the line theme....very clear and crisp :clap:
Not quite sure on this one, would it be better without the ruler?

I put the ruler to the side so It didn't impose to much on the shot but felt it was needed as It'd be rather hard to get the line without a ruler.

There's something not quite right about the pencil - it looks convex - but apart from that good compo and idea.

Good image Michael (y)

I have no idea why, but I want to clone out the very small reflection of the drawn pencil line on the side of the pencil :thinking:

Odd - nice idea and good colours / lighting.

Line - for me the ruler doesn't add anything, but it's a good on theme take.

liking line - that is the definitition of a straight line you have there. nice and bright, good choice of aperture to have it all in focus, and sharpness doesn;t seem to have suffered as a result.

Odd - Good shot of the CD case/cover. Background has been mentioned
Line - Nice idea. I don't mind the ruler as it was needed to draw the line. The line appears to almost have a shadow effect which makes it look a little strange though. Was there another line drawn on the paper underneath?

A literal and quite novel interpretation of the first theme. :)

Gerry

Line: I like playing with pencil, ruler and stuff ... and like your image very much.

There's something not quite right about the pencil - it looks convex - but apart from that good compo and idea.

Not seeing the convex but that could be my laptop screen (seen better days) :)

Good image Michael (y)

I have no idea why, but I want to clone out the very small reflection of the drawn pencil line on the side of the pencil :thinking:

Hadn't noticed the reflection. That's the sort of thing I miss

Odd - nice idea and good colours / lighting.

Line - for me the ruler doesn't add anything, but it's a good on theme take.

The Idea was my daughters as its her CD and as soon as I mention the theme was Odd and was struggling for ideas she produced the CD.

liking line - that is the definitition of a straight line you have there. nice and bright, good choice of aperture to have it all in focus, and sharpness doesn;t seem to have suffered as a result.

I did try a few with different apertures but this just seemed to fit better.

Odd - Good shot of the CD case/cover. Background has been mentioned
Line - Nice idea. I don't mind the ruler as it was needed to draw the line. The line appears to almost have a shadow effect which makes it look a little strange though. Was there another line drawn on the paper underneath?

Having looked I had 2 or 3 pieces of paper and I think that line is the indent on the sheet below from when I drew the line and the top sheet has moved ever so slightly :oops: :$

A literal and quite novel interpretation of the first theme. :)
Gerry

Most of the shots I've seen on this theme are of objects etc with lines be they fences, building shutters and the like so I decided to be literal and draw a line

Line, on theme and nicely composed. A nice simple interpretation.
Cheers.

Simple was what i was aiming for :)

Line: I like playing with pencil, ruler and stuff ... and like your image very much.

:ty: for all your comments

...... The line appears to almost have a shadow effect which makes it look a little strange though. Was there another line drawn on the paper underneath?
Just what I was thinking, looks like it is floating :D

A nice bright image, works very well for me (y)

Hi Michael

sometimes simple & obvious is the way to go & your image for Line proves that point...plenty of lines going on , nicely sharp ,good focus & a slight shadow under the pencil to add some reality to the image....nicely done mister (y)

Hi Michael

line - I like the composition of this, its a good clean shot! Well done!

Just what I was thinking, looks like it is floating :D

A nice bright image, works very well for me (y)
Line: Nice Michael...Many line on show...and I like the Technical / Architectural feel this has.
Thank you
2 very good shots, I like them. Line is a nice idea.
Hi Michael

sometimes simple & obvious is the way to go & your image for Line proves that point...plenty of lines going on , nicely sharp ,good focus & a slight shadow under the pencil to add some reality to the image....nicely done mister (y)

Thanks for your comments much appreciated and glad you all like it. :)

Hi Michael, and welcome to the 52. I've just had a first look through your thread:

Odd - lovely bright image. The slight crease on the left of the background has already been mentioned, but this is an original take on the theme.
Line - another bright, clean image and a clear interpretation of the theme. Nicely lit, too.
Play - I like the dark tones and texture of the wood in the foreground, and it's well lit. It looks like a little dust on the board to the right, but it doesn't detract from the theme and it's the sort of thing you notice after the shot is taken.

You're off to a great start and I look forward to following your thread (y)

This is lovely - the tones and texture of the wood really make it - it wouldn't have been the same with plastic pieces and a cardboard board. I like the composition and the lighting.

Nice texture on the dark wood. I find my eyes continually being pulled away from focusing on the dark chequers by the white, OOF ones in the background.

Back