Shag

Don't see those down here!

Do I see a blue cast here, Adam?
Maybe a WB tweak?

I like both these Adam, especially the second with the way the waves have fallen framing the bird, but the WB is off. Try clicking the WB pipette on the whites at the base of the lower bill. You lose some of the nice blues in the water, but this can be regained later on if you want.

Mike

Don't see those down here!

Do I see a blue cast here, Adam?
Maybe a WB tweak?
Thank you Daniel I will take a look when back home :)

I like both these Adam, especially the second with the way the waves have fallen framing the bird, but the WB is off. Try clicking the WB pipette on the whites at the base of the lower bill. You lose some of the nice blues in the water, but this can be regained later on if you want.

Mike

Thank you I will give that a go :) can I change the water in lightroom without resetting the bird? Or is that only in photoshop ?

Adam, I don't use lightroom much, so take my advice with a pinch of salt, but I had a little play and came up with this -

shag WB 2 (1 of 1).jpg

Heres what I did -

First off I noted the figures for both the white balance as well as the tint slider. I then clicked the WB pipette on the whites as the base of the beak and that gave me the colouring on the bird as shown. I then noted the new WB and tint figures.

I then went to the adjustment brush and doing a bit of man maths I reduced the WB and the tint to compensate for the changes made at step 1. The idea here was to have the sea your original blue and I wanted the sea to be at your old WB figures and the bird to be at the new ones. I ten made the brush hard with little feathering and painted all over the sea. Once you've painted all over the water you can adjust the WB sliders manually further if you want to get a realistic result.

the bird was a little underexposed so I boosted exposure by 0.40 stop, then reduced the highlights by - 26 and pushed the shadows by + 27

Its a bit rough and ready and you'll do better with the original but hopefully it points you in the right direction and avoids PS

You can always play with the blues aquas and greens in the H/S/L section if you want to alter the water more but play gently!

Hope that makes sense, if not give me a shout

Mike

I don't use lightroom

Me neither, Adam! My take on it…

Shag%201.jpg

Back