Sharpening blurred photos

Name
Dave
Edit My Images
No
Asking for a non-photography orientated friend. Is there a (preferably free :LOL:) bit of software that can sharpen up blurred photos? I have no idea how blurred they are but I fear the worst!

Thanks in advance.

Asking for a non-photography orientated friend. Is there a (preferably free :LOL:) bit of software that can sharpen up blurred photos? I have no idea how blurred they are but I fear the worst!

Thanks in advance.
Topaz Sharpen AI is very good but not a miracle worker. NB not free!

I wonder if your friend has been watching too many USA crime dramas where they do work wonders on fuzzy images ;)

IIRC there is an online service (Google related?) where you upload the file and it uses Generative AI to create an improvement.........whether in your friends situation a Generative AI produced image is 'right' is down to him/her???

Topaz Sharpen AI is very good but not a miracle worker. NB not free!
I looked at that but for one dodgy photo it's a bit pricey! I'll haev a search for the online AI thing. Ta.

Last edited:
I have not used this software, but, it looks like it may help.[/URL]
Thanks. I gave it a try but not quite as good as what I did in Lightroom. Quite a nifty program though.

The photo is a badly focused/shaky, overexposed, phone snap. It's of him with the biggest fish he's caught so obviously a disappointment for him. Probably looked OK on the phone but crap to make a print from.

Thanks all for your help. :)

Edit to add: My friend is pleased with my version. Case closed. Thanks again. (y)

Last edited:
I have a complete answer. Tell him to
1. Go buy a very small fish
2. Go buy an action figure
3. Paint the action figure to look just like him
4. Take a new photo of the action figure with what is now a massive fish, just get it in focus and expose it correctly :)
:exit:

Back