Shooter560's 52 - Updated with Week 5

Thanks for comments, I agree the back shadow is a pain, maybe I need to look into proper lighting rather than my current cycle lights and a couple of thin white paper bags, especially as I know I'll be doing more shots like this in the future.

Yes choc's are/were great, that 1/2 eaten one was strawberry (real ones not artificial) and the others are champagne, that was the last box as the reason I've been busy is I'm a chocolatier and needed to hand make 2000 boxes of 8 chocs for an overseas customer for Valentines :D (and yes I eat loads of choc every day :) )

Hiya Gary,

There is nothing wrong with improvising with props and lighting and I think you are doing well. It is amazing the things one can find around the house to use in executing a shot.

Wow a chocalatier, that must be such a delish job to have, and hand making 2000 boses of 8 chocs WOW that must take some work.

Cheers

Dawn :)

Sorry week 5 slightly late, also not the best subject but these are as hard as I can eat, or was that used to be able to eat :)

Need to really work on close up lighting as I know I'll have lots of sweets to photograph in the near future. C&C most welcome

Sugared Almonds

DSC_5575 by shooter560, on Flickr

Hiya Gary,

There is nothing wrong with improvising with props and lighting and I think you are doing well. It is amazing the things one can find around the house to use in executing a shot.

Wow a chocalatier, that must be such a delish job to have, and hand making 2000 boses of 8 chocs WOW that must take some work.

Cheers

Cheers, actually hand making chocolates isn't hard work once you know what you're doing :) but what a life spending all day playing with melted chocolate and eating all I like (well eating my profits I guess :( )

Hiya Gary,

Ooooh, now there is an photo that has made my day ..... my fav sweets, yummy!!!!

I like how you have composed the image with the sweets emtying out of the packet, nicely set against the background.

As you have already mentioned about the lighting, that will come with practice and you will learn as you experiment with various lighting options. In this image the light reflection on the sweet packet is slightly distracting. What lighting did you use for this? I think if the light was positioned more the the right it may have reduced/removed the reflection.

A delishously good take on the theme, well done. Now I wish I had some sugar almonds to chomp on :p

Cheers

Cheers, actually hand making chocolates isn't hard work once you know what you're doing :) but what a life spending all day playing with melted chocolate and eating all I like (well eating my profits I guess :( )

Hiya, know what you mean..... my dad was a baker, and besides the normal baking and confectionery he used to make choc Easter Eggs and Easter Bunnies, all with fancy decoration etc and I used to help him make some (although I enjoyed the eating more than the making :LOL:).

So what is your fav choc?

Cheers

Hiya, know what you mean..... my dad was a baker, and besides the normal baking and confectionery he used to make choc Easter Eggs and Easter Bunnies, all with fancy decoration etc and I used to help him make some (although I enjoyed the eating more than the making :LOL:).

So what is your fav choc?

Cheers

Hi ya, fav choc, thats a hard one, today its gotta be Banana and Jamaican Rum (56%) in a light whipped milk choc centre, as I make everything with no added flavours, artificial colours etc everything is short-ish shelf life so I make new most days and change them regularly too so fav's only seem to last a week or so :) last week it was Vodka caramel

Hi ya, fav choc, thats a hard one, today its gotta be Banana and Jamaican Rum (56%) in a light whipped milk choc centre, as I make everything with no added flavours, artificial colours etc everything is short-ish shelf life so I make new most days and change them regularly too so fav's only seem to last a week or so :) last week it was Vodka caramel

OMG now you have my tastebuds going .... Banana and Jamaican Rum, Vodka caramel ..... oooh they all sound so tastey.

Good for you using the real mccoy, but guess you never want overstock (if you ever find yourself in that situation I know someone who would gladly oblige to helping not let your stock go to waste :p :LOL:)

Hopefully I will get to taste more of your delightful choc images over the coming weeks.

Cheers

Hi Gary - really like your "hard" entry. Very nicely lit and exposed and you've got good detail and a sense of depth. (y)

Looking forward to your week 7 :)

Cheers, Patrick

Back