shooting in slow motion

Name
Bazza
Edit My Images
Yes
Yes me been fiddling yet again. This time trying out the slow motion feature format on my Panasonic HC-x1500 camcorder.
Yes I know it also can be done in post production but that means taking another step and risk not getting a steady smooth video without jerking
So having at last found out the settings in the camcorder For my own interest I wanted to find out how slow. Normally I pan at a speed that takes around 7 to 9 seconds for a subject to cross the viewfinder on the camcorder. this I find is a good guideline to work with.
So I can preset a button to slowmo on the camcorder to do just this or not. Just a couple of things I don’t like, slowmo has no sound track, Also I like to video in MP4 so I can export it easily, in slowmo it is in MOV 1080p and switching back from slowmo does not return the settings to MP4.
So either set out to video in slowmo or ones normal camcorder settings, still I suppose one can’t ask for everything

Last edited:
A quick search shows that your camcorder can shoot 100fps in 50Hz mode or 120 fps in 59.94Hz mode. Not bad really, I find about 120fps to be good enough for general shots.

sorry I accidently removed the footage but here is a section of it below
frequency 59.94Hz
shot In MOV 1080p- 23.98p long gop50 according to what is on the viewer. that is all the details i can find. jut a test will have to try with wildlife sometime. Originally panned at speed mentioned in my previous post

not being up withall the tech details the camcorder has for me the results are what counts. normally don't use 1080p prefer 4K for videos

Last edited:
Slow-mo shooting is fun - although depending on how much and what you shoot, the editing and shifting thought footage can be a drag.
For me - the fps depends on what I shoot, sometimes 60fps is slow enough, but then again once I shot something at 1000fps .. and I think I'll save that for
very rare occasions, just one step of a person took ages in that footage.

Back