Short battery life - AC adapter query

Edit My Images
Yes
My old Kodak DCS PRo SLR doesn't get a huge amount of use due to the bad battery life; Now I realized it has one of those batterys for use with an AC adapter, and I was thinking about an external battery pack that could be carried or kept in my pocket to use as if it was plugged in...

I might be barking up the wrong tree, but this could solve my issues! Any suggestions?

Providing the input is a regulated DC voltage and the power pack matches it, there's no reason it wouldn't work.

If it needs an AC input, then you'll need an inverter and that could complicate things . . .

Last edited:
This is what I’m trying to figure out in the manual but it’s not too self explanatory, I’ve got the cable that connects from the fake ac battery to the wall mounted charger for the ac adapter - but I now need to confirm what the best battery pack (voltage) would be with this fitting...

This is always the problem if they aren't labelled correctly. :(

If you don't know how to measure it yourself, do you have any friends that know electronics? It's not that difficult, but is very easy to get wrong if you don't know what you're doing..

This is what I’m trying to figure out in the manual but it’s not too self explanatory, I’ve got the cable that connects from the fake ac battery to the wall mounted charger for the ac adapter - but I now need to confirm what the best battery pack (voltage) would be with this fitting...
Couldn’t you measure it with a volt meter ?
On every ac adapter I’ve seen, they have the input / output specs on the adapter - what does the label say?

Couldn’t you measure it with a volt meter ?

It's not that simple - it's not just the voltage. If it's not regulated correctly it could cause irreparable damage.

Yes I had seen that! Well, I've ended up with a Quantom SC and the relavent cable on order.. so we shall see!

Back