TPer Emeritus
Name
Ian Cook
Edit My Images
Yes
Finally found some :) Taken last weekend in Lincolnshire

Short_Eared_Owl66.jpg

Short_Eared_Owl64.jpg

Cracking stuff Ian. Love the composition of th first one. Could it benefit from a little lightening on the face and torso? I reckon that may lift it to stunning...

brilliant photos ian ,
well done
all the best
mick

Thanks all :)

now you are showing off:razz: must have been a sight to so many, lovely shots, have you thawed out yet

There were only 12 though Karen ;) and no im still not thawed out yet ! lol

Cracking stuff Ian. Love the composition of th first one. Could it benefit from a little lightening on the face and torso? I reckon that may lift it to stunning...

Thanks Paul, yeah been looking at lightening it a bit more and getting shot of the 2 bits of grass at the bottom as well, Pic 1 isnt cropped at all :)

#2 for me Ian, Great crop great pose (y)

very nicely done.
Rob.

Cracking set Ian, prefer no 2 and the re-edit of no 1 works much better.

I really like those 2 images the edit is a improvement though (y) im glad to see you are still getting out and about. On the Donna Nook weekend me and John Starkey were lucky to see 2 barn owls trouble was the light had gone anyway keep up the good work
Regards
Richard

Thanks all :)

I really like those 2 images the edit is a improvement though (y) im glad to see you are still getting out and about. On the Donna Nook weekend me and John Starkey were lucky to see 2 barn owls trouble was the light had gone anyway keep up the good work
Regards
Richard

Thanks Richard, im always up for a visit if owls or raptors are involved, as you know :) Sometimes the camera doesnt even come out of the bag, i just sit and watch :)

nice shots Ian. No signs again this year of my shorties down by the canal :crying:

Thanks Nigel, i drive past that site every morning on the way to work, and wonder about it every time i do ! Shame they havent come back, but those houses may be the reason ! :(

Thanks Nigel, i drive past that site every morning on the way to work, and wonder about it every time i do ! Shame they havent come back, but those houses may be the reason ! :(

I fear you may be right. The only hope I have is after talking to a birder who said that after a number of shorties have hunted an area "clear", they dont come back for a few years and wait for the prey population to recover. Here's hoping :thinking:

Back