Short Eared Owl

Such a beautiful bird, Sam. The eye contact makes the shot for me, that hypnotic stare you get from a Shortie really is mesmerising.

I am a little undecided about the bottom OOF part of the image, it's not a deal breaker though, I like clean images but I expect you could not change the angle of the shot just in case you spooked the owl, so fair enough.

One thing I would do is soften the edges of the pale band running through the middle of the shot, it would make it far less prominent.

Great eyes :)

Very nice, natural shot. Complimentary colours, bg and bokeh.

Such a beautiful bird, Sam. The eye contact makes the shot for me, that hypnotic stare you get from a Shortie really is mesmerising.

I am a little undecided about the bottom OOF part of the image, it's not a deal breaker though, I like clean images but I expect you could not change the angle of the shot just in case you spooked the owl, so fair enough.

One thing I would do is soften the edges of the pale band running through the middle of the shot, it would make it far less prominent.
Thanks for the comment and critique, I could not get a clear shot as I was knelt down looking through long grass, if I had stood up I would have spooked the owl, on a mission to get a clear shot.

I could not get a clear shot as I was knelt down looking through long grass, if I had stood up I would have spooked the owl, on a mission to get a clear shot.

I guessed as much, Sam...if you are getting shots as good as this then a clear shot is definitely on the cards very soon (y)

Back