Short Eared Owl

Such a beautiful bird, Sam. The eye contact makes the shot for me, that hypnotic stare you get from a Shortie really is mesmerising.

I am a little undecided about the bottom OOF part of the image, it's not a deal breaker though, I like clean images but I expect you could not change the angle of the shot just in case you spooked the owl, so fair enough.

One thing I would do is soften the edges of the pale band running through the middle of the shot, it would make it far less prominent.

Very nice, natural shot. Complimentary colours, bg and bokeh.

Such a beautiful bird, Sam. The eye contact makes the shot for me, that hypnotic stare you get from a Shortie really is mesmerising.

I am a little undecided about the bottom OOF part of the image, it's not a deal breaker though, I like clean images but I expect you could not change the angle of the shot just in case you spooked the owl, so fair enough.

One thing I would do is soften the edges of the pale band running through the middle of the shot, it would make it far less prominent.
Thanks for the comment and critique, I could not get a clear shot as I was knelt down looking through long grass, if I had stood up I would have spooked the owl, on a mission to get a clear shot.

I could not get a clear shot as I was knelt down looking through long grass, if I had stood up I would have spooked the owl, on a mission to get a clear shot.

I guessed as much, Sam...if you are getting shots as good as this then a clear shot is definitely on the cards very soon (y)

Back