Shortlist unveiled for Taylor Wessing Photographic Portrait Prize 2011

gpa

Edit My Images
Yes
Last edited:
One of them is goig to win £12000? The composition and lighting in some of them is just shocking. Guess that's what makes them art!!

Awkwardfamilyphotos.com finalists most of them.

Winning these is all about the back story so you need child prostitutes, crinkly tramps, disease victims (not too ugly though) and such like to make it work. It's nothing to do with the quality of the actual portrait it's all about whatever sob story or edgy information you can attach to the photo. Best one wins.

Awkwardfamilyphotos.com finalists most of them.

Winning these is all about the back story so you need child prostitutes, crinkly tramps, disease victims (not too ugly though) and such like to make it work. It's nothing to do with the quality of the actual portrait it's all about whatever sob story or edgy information you can attach to the photo. Best one wins.

A normal night out in Hull then!!! Look for my name on the shortlist next year!!

Anything is possible!! If you can catch someone being sick on a tramp then I reckon you'd have bagged a winner (y)

I like them I think they are very contemporary for the modern day style of portrait/fine art.

Then again if everyone one else on here can do better then why are none of your images and names in the short list?

I just don't get it at all, apart from the first photo the others are non descript verging on the ridiculous for a class of photographer entering such a prestigious competition........... still each to their own, the winner will be laughing all the way to the bank :LOL: It makes you relies just how good the photographers on TP and all the other photographic forums really are, if this is the standard to be judged by.

Oh bugger :D I did look before I posted....... clearly not hard enough :D

Back