Shots from the beach

Name
Alf
Edit My Images
Yes
Here are some shots taken from Parton beach which is the closest beach to me which can be seen as a post industrail mess as it is covered in indeustrial waste from a foundary and brickworks etc. It was a roman port probably the sandy bay in shot 3. There are no massive architectural features on this beach except the sea wall for the railway line. The light/waether we get on the west coast of Cumbria throws up many opportunities with a moments notice so I visit this place regularly and |I have learned a lot from those visits.

Here is a sunset from last night

Sunset pool by Alf Branch, on Flickr

The colour soon faded and I took this waiting to see if anything else would happen.

Spilling over the edge by Alf Branch, on Flickr

Here is a shot I have just processed from a misty evening at sunset in February it turned into a spectacular sunset but this is what I was expecting when I left the house.
Parton sunset mist by Alf Branch, on Flickr

This was taken the day before

Whitehaven pier at sunset by Alf Branch, on Flickr

What do you think?

Lovely work, especially the first two. Especially like the mono conversion and slow water effect in the second one. How wonderful to live near such an amazing location.

Great shots but the renditions are much weaker than the respective visual value
of these images. If you got a RAW version of these, have a second look at them
trying to pull out more of the enclosed dramatic.

I'm really liking the first two shots Alf, good full range of tones in both of them with nice composition and just about the right amount of movement in the water.(y)

George.

Lovely work, especially the first two. Especially like the mono conversion and slow water effect in the second one. How wonderful to live near such an amazing location.

Thanks Sara
I live between the sea and teh lake district and can mountains as I type.

Great shots but the renditions are much weaker than the respective visual value
of these images. If you got a RAW version of these, have a second look at them
trying to pull out more of the enclosed dramatic.

Thanks
Though I am happy with the processing if you wish to copy them and show me go ahead

I'm really liking the first two shots Alf, good full range of tones in both of them with nice composition and just about the right amount of movement in the water.(y)

George.

Thanks George

Back